Chapter 24

A couple of hours later, people started coming into the room. You see two of the principals you've seen already, but you see a new face that looks mysterious under that well-braided hair.

You didn't want to say anything, but you knew the two older men were looking at you. You didn't need to see it to know it. Honestly, it was annoying as hell.

Two screens turn on and you can see everyone from different backgrounds.

"We're starting in one minute. Now, let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from Iori Utahime-sensei"
"Huh?!"
You silently clap as you look towards her.

"U-uh...uhm, some degree of injury will be unavoidable, but, uhm...now and then, help each other out...or something..."
"Times up"
"Hey! Gojo, you little!"

"Now, let the sister school exchange event...start!"
"Respect your seniors!"

You try covering up your laugh as you enjoy the Gojo playfully mess with Utahime.

But while it was starting, you felt a barrier wrap around the forest of the event. It was a familiar feeling. Like a warm feeling. You haven't felt it in a long time. Who was this barrier again?

After time passes, you can see everyone doing their best in combat with each other. It surprised you that the third years ganged up on Itadori more than the others.

After that, it was just him and Todo alone. Todo looked strong and fought hard. But everyone else was like that.

Seeing everyone look so alive that it made you excited. You rooted for everyone.

You look at a screen where a mecha robot is fighting a panda.

"That curse doll and robot is really good. I've never seen anything like this before" you say.
Gojo hums.
"Every year all the students get together and show off their skills. The kids just having fun and beating each other up"
"You say that so casually Satoru" you giggle.

Looking at the wall you see a talisman go out in flames. Satoru mentioned that they go off when they are exorcised.

Moments passed while you were so into everyone fighting on the screen you spotted a girl lying on the grass asleep.

"Is she okay?" You ask.
Utahime sighs and gets up.
"She fell asleep. I'm heading out real quick. I can't leave her in the woods with cursed spirits wandering around"

You grimace for a moment but shake it off. Although Gojo noticed your reaction.

"Are you okay (y/n)"
"Yeah...what kind of curses do you send out to these kids?"
"Usually second grade, why?" Utahime says.

You stare off for a moment but then shake your head.

It just doesn't feel like it.

"I'm impressed that you can sense cursed spirits all the way here (l/n)-san," a braid-haired woman says. Her name is Mei Mei.

"Utahime please be sure to bring her back safely. I'm worried about Miwa" Gakuganji speaks.

For some reason, his smile gave you shivers down your spine. Something a bit unnatural.

He's capable of feelings? Gross!

Suddenly all the talismans went into flames.

"The game's over?" They all burned red?"
You felt this unusual pressure again. This time it was stronger than before.

"That's odd, my crows didn't see anything"
"I'd love to say Great Teacher Gojo's students exorcised them all, but..."

"The charms will burn red for unregistered cursed energy," Yaga says.