Chapter 23

In a room where it was quiet, a clock ticks away the hours going by while Nanami busies himself with a newspaper.

You busy yourself with meditation on the floor while Gojo sitting next to you slumps back on his chair and sighs in boredom.

"Nanami, talk about something interesting"

Silence.

"Okay, I've got it! Let's play catch with discarded rice balls while discussing the separation of church and state! Let's post a video of it and troll people" he says.

Nanami flips the newspaper.
"Enjoy that on your own"
Gojo then claps his hand.
"Drinking game time! Name things you love about Gojo Satoru! Everything! (Y/n), what do you love about me?"

He turns and sees that you weren't paying attention to Gojo at all. You were in your little world with meditation and making a connection with your aura. There was a faint glow around you.

"Ah, she's busy at the moment...I'll just assume she'd say everything too!"

"Please keep that attitude going. Itadori-kun needs that kind of idiocy right now"

Gojo thinks and rubs his forehead.
"Nanami, does Yuuji know about that finger in Yoshino's—"
"I haven't told him. Knowing him, he'd just feel unnecessarily responsible"

Gojo smiles.
"I'm glad I left you in charge. And the finger?"
"I submitted it to the higher-ups, of course. If I gave it to you. You'd just feed it to Itadori-kun, right?" Nanami says.

Gojo pouts and just look away.
"But is it okay to bring him back? If the fact that he's alive becomes known at the exchange event, won't the higher-ups just target him again?"

"Even if they do, Yuuji will be just fine now. You know that better than anyone, don't you?"

"And what about (y/n), are you going to bring her along to the event?"
"I don't see why not. Besides she's under my protection. If anyone's going to harm her, they're gonna have to get through me" Gojo says.

"What happens if you're not around for her though? What will be the situation then?"

Gojo didn't think much about that. Only because he always knew that you'd be right there beside him when there was trouble.

But the problem with that is he slowly came to realize that he shouldn't keep babying you since you are supposed to be strong.

You are strong. But he can't keep you to himself when you need to do things yourself. He thought about training you again to work on some areas you lack.

But if he does, he's afraid to hurt you badly again.

But there he goes again with babying you. The deity of light yourself needs to learn and face challenges yourself. There will be a moment where you will have to make hard decisions.

Gojo will be there for you, but he'll always follow whatever you plan. Gojo would be honored to follow someone like you who may be stronger than him.

Just like now with your meditation, whatever it is you doing in your little world right now, he hopes it's something that will strengthen you.

Strength, wisdom, elegance, grace, beauty.

He's excited to see something amazing from you.

"You forget Nanami. (Y/n)'s a strong sorceress. I've seen it. I know she may not look it, but if scriptures and prophets say who she says she is, then I believe that something cool might unleash in her" he says.

Nanami didn't say anything more but acknowledge Gojo's words. He takes a quick look at you and takes it all in curiosity.

Nanami has seen some crazy shit in his life before. Good or bad. But not every day he would be around someone who lived in the Heian period. A goddess at that. Maybe for once he'll see something interesting from you.