Chaoter 41

Chapter 41

Ariana's POV

Mason held the knife to his neck. "MASON NO!" But before I could react Niall tackled him to the ground throwing the knife to the side. I walked over to them and there was blood a lover the floor. When I got closer I could see a deep gash in the side of Masons neck and he was loosing blood fast. "Call 911quick!" Niall yelled as he ran to get towels. When Niall got back there where paramedics on the way. Niall out pressure on Mason's gash trying to stop the blood. Five minutes later the police and ambulance arrived. They took Mason to the hospital. W talked to the cops then me and Niall hopped into the car and followed to the hospital. "Everything's going to be okay." Niall said patting my knee. I just kept looking out the window. "Why do I keep doing this?" I asked Niall just barely audible. "Doing what Ariana?" He asked with confusion clearly in his voice. "Whenever I have a relationship, someone always gets hurt and it's always my fault. This time it went way to far." I told him letting the tear fall freely from my eyes. "Ariana this is not your fault, it's....." I cut him off. "Yes it is. If I wasn't such a slut I would have still been with you. I wouldn't have dated Harry and he wouldn't have cheated on me and I would have never met Mason. Mason wouldn't have cheat on me and he wouldn't be on his way to the hospital." I full on crying at this point.

"Ariana I want you to listen to me. You are not a slut and none of that matters anymore and I want you to forget about it. Promise me." He said pulling over to the side of the road. He turned to face me and I continued to look out the window. "Look at me." He pleated but I couldn't. He took my chin in his hand and made me face him. "Promise me you will forget." I tried not to make eye contact. "Ariana promise me right now." He said with anger in his voice. I finally looked him in the eyes. "I promise Niall." I said placing my head on his shoulder. I cried into his chest for about five more minutes. I pulled from his chest wiping the tears away. "We should get to the hospital." I said outing my seatbelt back on and Niall nodded and pulled off the side of the road. Neither one of us said anything the rest of the way to the hospital. When we pulled up we hopped out fast and I ran to the front desk. "Mason. Mason Philips, what room is he in!?" I practically yelled it he nurses face. She looked up at me then at her clipboard. "Mam he's in room 216, but he can't have visitors just yet. You can wait over there and I will come and get you when he can if you want." I nodded and me and Niall sat in the waiting area. We waited for twenty minutes then the lady finally comes over. Mr and Mrs.Horan you can go in. I giggle a little, the lady thought Niall and I where married. I grabbed Niall's hand and rushed to room 216. There where cops standing outside his room.

Niall told the police he wouldn't press charges. They said he would still have to do time. They let us in and Mason was laying on his bed looking out the window he hadn't heard us come in. "Mason." I spoke his name softly. "Ariana." He smiled as he faced us. "Niall thank you so much for saving my life. Plus stopping me from doing something really stupid." He tried to sit up and had trouble I walked over to him and helped him. Niall mumbled a no problem. "I just want you to know that I've have been drinking every day since our brake up. I missed you and alcohol was the only thing that could make me forget. I just hope you can forgive me and...." I cut him off. "Mason I forgive you but I want you to know that I can't be with you." His face dropped and he looked out the window. "I know, you and Niall really do make a really good couple." He smiled and I grabbed his hand. "There is that Mason that I used to know." I whispered and he smiled squeezed my hand. "Can we please be friends still?" He asked with hope in his voice. "I don't know. Lets wait until your done doing time." I smiled and kissed his cheek. He nodded and I slipped my hand out of his. "Goodbye Mason." I said as I walked towards the door with Niall on my heals. "Goodbye Ariana, bye Niall." I heard him say as I shut the door.