Imposter || Act 1: Chapter 7

A couple of days had passed since the incident at the rock concert... Right now it was a bit earlier in the day, as Cora and Hoshi, alongside their partners, were out searching through the city. They had received reports recently of a suspicious Digimon lurking around Digital Enterprises that they couldn't find out the identity of, who they guessed was now lurking around somewhere in the city. Cora and Hoshi offered to look around the cities today to see if they could find said Digimon, as they had now been looking around for about an hour or so.
"Hey, Cora... Are you sure we shouldn't have brought Charlee along with us?" Hoshi asked.
"Nah, I think she's still a bit shaken up and tired from what happened at the concert..." Cora responds. "I'd rather have her rest for now, especially since she can't Digivolve Herissmon right now anyways..."
"Yeah, I guess you're right..." Hoshi says, looking over at Cora's Digivice, which had a map and a tracker on the screen. "Has it picked up on anything yet?" He asked.
"Not yet... But..." Suddenly a beep and a small dot appeared on the map, the dot pretty close to where they were standing. "Wait a minute... I'm picking up on something... Hmm... Hold on."
The two stopped walking, stopping in the middle of a alleyway. They looked forward deeper into the alley, where they could then hear something rusting under some trash bags. Everyone exchanged looks as they nodded, all slowly sneaking over to where the rustling was heard. Getting closer...

A smaller Digimon suddenly popped out from under the trash

...A smaller Digimon suddenly popped out from under the trash.
"...Huh? You don't look so bad..." Cora says, kneeling down to the little Digimon's level. "...Are you the Digimon that was lurking around...?"
"What? Of course not! I'm a good widdle Digimon!" The Digimon replied in a squeaky baby voice. "I'm Tokomon, and I'd never hurt even the itsty bitsiest little fly! I got lost, actually..." Tokomon says, his face falling to a saddened expression.
"Oh, really? What are you looking for?" Kudamon asked.
"My partner..." Tokomon whimpered. "It's such a horrible, sad story... When that storm happened a couple days ago, the wind threw my teeny tiny little body into the air, and whipped me all across the city! I have no idea where my partner is now, and how to find them..." Tokomon looked up at Cora's Digivice, a slight smile appearing on his face. "...Oh, you're a Digidestined, right? Can I borrow your Digivice so I can track my partner down?"
"Oh... Yeah, of course..."
"NO!! Don't give it to him!!" BlackGabumon shouted, stopping Cora's movement as BlackGabumon glared down at the little Digimon.
"Hmm... You could borrow my Digivice, if you want..." Hoshi says.
"No! Don't give him your Digivice, either!" BlackGabumon snaps. "I don't know if I trust this Tokomon here..."
Tears then started to form in Tokomon's eyes, as he started screeching and sobbing loudly. "WAAAAAAAGHH!! I WANT A DIGIVICE!! NOOOOOOW!!"
The four worriedly looked behind them into the cities, worried that someone outside would hear Tokomon's screams.
"Ok, just take my Digivice already! Please, just stop crying already!" Hoshi says, quickly pulling out his Digivice as he kneeled down to Tokomon's level. Tokomon instantly stopped crying, looking curiously at the Digivice...
As his jaws suddenly chomped down on the Digivice, swallowing the device whole.
"NO!! Wh-why did you do that?!" Hoshi snapped, his eyes going wide in pure shock. Tokomon smirked as he started giggling like a maniac... His giggles slowly became more lower pitched, as his body started to shift and change...