Agent allies || Act 2: Chapter 10

It was the next day, being pretty early on in the morning. Taeka was the last one in the house to wake up, groaning and stretching as she sat up and out of bed. Taeka didn't bother changing out of her pajamas just yet, lazily leaving her room and going downstairs. In the living room, Dracomon and Lopmon were hanging out on the couch, watching TV. Nearby in the kitchen, Lily was making breakfast, also talking on the phone with someone.
"Taeka, hey! You're awake! Good morning!" Dracomon happily greeted her, Taeka sleepily waving and smiling back. "Morning..."
"No Terriermon, I don't know..." Lily looked over at Taeka, holding her phone out to her. "Taeka! I'm glad you're awake... Could you talk to Terriermon for a bit? He's asking me like, a million questions about that video, and I don't know how to answer half of them..."
"Uh, alright... Give it here..." Taeka grabbed the phone. "Hey, Terriermon, I... Hold on..."
Taeka couldn't say much with Terriermon screaming over the phone, rapidly asking a million questions before Taeka could respond to any of them.
"Urgh, calm down already Terriermon! It is way too early to be asking all these questions..." Taeka grumbled, pausing as she looked over at the pancakes Lily was making. "You can come over and ask about all this after breakfast..."
"Oh, ok! JAKE!! LET'S GO OVER TO THEIR HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!" Terriermon screamed into the phone, as he quickly hung up. Taeka yawned, handing Lily's phone back to her.
"Thanks! Don't worry, the pancakes will be ready soon..." Lily says, a smile on her face. "I'm also making coffee too..."
KNOCK!! KNOCK!! A loud, rapid knocking was heard at the door.
"Come on in! The door's unlocked!" Lily called, as the door opened. Terriermon excitedly ran into the door, Jake following after.
"Whoa, you guys got here fast!" Dracomon says.
"Well, they do live right next door..." Taeka says. Jake yawned, sitting on the couch next to the Digimon, Terriermon running up to Taeka.
"Taeka! Taeka!! Are you finished with your breakfast yet?!" Terriermon shouted.
"Terriermon, we just got off the phone with each other less than a minute ago..." Taeka mumbled, yawning. "But uh, since you're here now, I guess I can answer a few questions... Just ask one question at a time, until I've had my coffee."
"Yay! Ok, hold on a second..." Terriermon paused for a moment, his first question popping into his head. "Ok, so... First question! You said that weird monster in the woods was Doctor X, right? That crazy Digimon scientist guy that made Herissmon and kidnapped Blaine a few years ago? The last time we saw one another?"
"Yeah... I remember Blaine telling me about what happened in that lab all those years ago..." Taeka says. "He said that Doctor X fused himself with a Growlmon..."
"Whoa, that's so weird..." Terriermon asked. "So, what happened after that?"
"Well, after that, he ended up losing control of himself, and ran away somewhere to hide out..." Taeka explains. "At the time we were so focused on battling ZeedMillenniumon that we completely forgot to chase after him... And a year or so after that, people started seeing strange sights in that forest, of a mysterious monster... And after seeing that footage, I knew that the monster was Doctor X. I don't think most people thought much of it though, since that forest always had strange activity going on in there..."
"Strange activity? Like what?" Terriermon asked.
"Just like a bunch of criminal activity, and such..." Taeka responds. "I guess since most people avoid that forest, he figured it would be the perfect place to hide out..."
"Oh... So has Doctor X ever hurt people who have gone into that forest?" Terriermon asked.
"Oh yeah... There's been various reports of people getting attacked by him..." Taeka says, pausing as her expression turned serious. "And... There's some people who, after trying to look for him... Didn't ever come out of that forest again. That recording from the news report was found off of a camera that was abandoned in the woods... And nobody found that camera until almost a year later. Nobody still knows what happened to the person that originally owned that camera... And after that footage was recovered, many people went into that forest to also try to find their own evidence... Only to suffer the same fate. And since then, everyone has made sure to avoid that forest..."
Everyone was shocked by what Taeka had just told them, all exchanging looks of discomfort.
"Hey, guys! The pancakes are ready!" Lily announced, everyone's moods shifting back to normal.
"Yay! Pancakes!!"