24 - Penny Jane

***5 MONTHS LATER***

I was up in the middle of the night pacing the living room, rubbing my stomach just trying to calm my breathing. I was so much in my own little world I didn't even notice Sarah walking out of her room and looked at me.

"Mom?" She asked in a small voice, and I looked at her.

"Hey, did I wake you?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, I couldn't sleep. I'm excited about the baby. I heard you say at dinner it could be any day." She said and I smiled with a nod.

"I think not too long at all." I said and stopped walking, grabbing onto the back of the chair I was by having a contraction.

"Do I need to get dad?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, it's not time yet. Just cramping." I said and she half nodded but came over to stand by me and I smiled down at her and placed a hand on her cheek. "You have been the biggest help to me these last few months." I said and she smiled at me.

"I just want everything to be safe. Since that person..." Sarah said, and I sighed as I walked her over to the couch and sat down.

"You and I never talked about the accident, did we?" I asked and she shook her head.

"It was like you didn't want to talk about it." Sarah said looking down at her hands.

"It wasn't that I didn't want to, it was just that I didn't know if you wanted to relive it. I know it was a lot." I said.

"Why did you cover me?" Sarah asked.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"When we had the accident, you threw your body over mine to make sure I was safe." Sarah said and I shook my head.

"Sarah, I love you and you know that. I wanted you safe, I wanted you to be okay. I had to protect you." I said and Sarah sighed.

"But you could have lost the baby..." Sarah said and I shook my head.

"I did what I had to do Sarah...you are my world just like this baby is my world, Calvin and your dad too. I will always protect you." I said and she smiled as I leaned down and kissed her check. I then breathed through a contraction, and I groaned. "Can you go get your dad please?" I asked and she nodded and rushed off. I got back up in enough time for my water to break.

Steve came rushing in with Sarah and I looked up at him.

"It's time." I said and Steve smiled with a nod. He did everything I needed him to do along with getting Maria in to watch Sarah and Calvin and getting Sam and Clint awake to take us to the hospital.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐

I was lying in bed as the nurse brought our daughter over to me after cleaning her up and doing the initial checkup.

"She is perfect Misses Rogers." She said handing her to me and I smiled looking at this small little baby wrapped in the pink blanket. I smiled up at Steve and he was just looking down at both of us in adoration and amazement.

The nurses all left the room, and it was just Steve and me.

"So, we are sticking with the name?" Steve asked.

"I think it makes sense. I mean we met there and it's a cute name." I said and Steve nodded.

"Welcome to the world Penny." Steve said and I smiled.

Penny was after Pennsylvania Avenue which is where the White House was located.

"Penny Jane Rogers." I said and Steve nodded.