25 - Love Story

***A YEAR LATER***

***A YEAR LATER***

Steve hadn't been president for a year, Sarah was now 7 and going to be in first grade in the fall, Calvin was 3 and Penny had just turned a year old. Everything was setting into place, Even Steve and I and we settled the family in a remodeled 1840's home in Kerhonkson, New York. It was us the minute we saw it. It was out in the middle of nowhere. Well at least that was what I thought, little did I know it was in this tiny little town that Steve's parents met and fell in love.

Sarah and Calvin loved the freedom they had here. Steve and I opted out of our secret service detail he would have received being a former president just so we could live a normal life. Steve and Bucky had built a huge swing set playset in the backyard and the kids were constantly on that thing.

Now we were standing in the small-town church with our friends and the two most important ones getting married. I was holding Penny with Sarah standing next to me and Calvin with Steve across the aisle.

"Now by the power invested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. James, you may kiss your bride." The pastor said and I smiled as everyone in attendance clapped. Bucky dipped Nat as he passionately kissed her. I covered Sarah's eyes and she giggled. Soon they were walking back up the aisle. Sarah walked over, took Calvin's hand, the little flower girl and ring bearer and they walked up the aisle in front of Steve and me.

Once we got to the reception that was being held at Bucky and Nat's house that was only a few blocks away from Steve and I. Steve and I had Maria there who was willing to help watch the kids so Steve and I could have a good time and actually have some kid free time.

I was sitting talking to Sam and Wanda, the newest engaged couple, at a table when a slow song started playing and Steve walked over to Blair.

"Misses Rogers would you please come dance with your husband?" Steve asked and I giggled as I took his hand, and he walked me to the dance floor. I placed my arms around his neck and his went around my waist, resting his hands low on my back, pulling me flush against him.

"Hi." I said and smiled.

"Hi." Steve replied and smiled back at me.

"Can you believe they finally got married?" I asked and Steve sighed.

"It's about time..." Steve said causing us both to laugh. He then leaned down and placed his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes sighing at the connection. It was so sweet and innocent.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you." Steve said. We stood swaying to the music for a minute and Steve pulled away slightly from me.

"I love we settled in this town. It's perfect." Steve said and I nodded.

"You have seemed more relaxed in the last year that you have been here than before. I mean I know you aren't running the country anymore but it's more than that." I said.