Chapter 83

August 25th, 1998
*Michael's POV*

I just arrived in the studio, since today I am going to start working on some new songs that I've had in my mind for quite some time now.

Producer Elliot Straite (aka Dr. Freeze) and sound engineer Michael Prince are also here with me.

Besides working on some new songs of mine, I am also going to work on song ideas for the group 3T for their upcoming album.
Like I've already said, I have a lot of plans for this year.
I guess it's thanks to the people I love who give me the right motivation and inspiration.

I immediately started talking with the best people, telling then my ideas for my songs and the way I want them to sound. Once we got the sound that I wanted, I walked into the studio cabin and put the headphones on, starting to hum and sing, writing down the lyrics.

The first song that I'm working on is called 'Break of Dawn' ...

"Hold my hand, feel the touch of your body cling to mine
You and me, makin' love all the way through another night
I remember you and I walking though the park at night
Kiss and touch, nothing much, let it blow just touch and go" I started singing into the microphone, while the sound plays in my earphones.

We then had to adjust some parts of the sound that didn't really satisfy me, and I also corrected some of the lyrics.
I spent hours and hours in the studio...

"Love me more, never leave me alone by house of love
People talk, people say what we have is just a game
Oh, I'll never let you go, come here girl
Just got to make sweet love 'til the break of dawn" I kept singing.

I could see the others watching at me from the other side behind the glass, and they were all raising their thumbs up, as a sign that they like it.
The song was turning out pretty good, but we still have some work to do, adjusting some parts of the audio and maybe even correct some parts of the lyrics.
But I have a good feeling about this....

"I don't want the sun to shine I want to make love
Just this magic in your eyes and in my heart
I don't know what I'm gonna do I can't stop lovin' you
I won't stop 'til break of dawn makin' love" I kept singing the rest of the song.

Myra would go completely crazy when she listens to this song. I started smiling like an idiot, while imagining her reaction.
After a couple of hours I decided to take a break, and asked my securities to go and grab me something to eat, while I got some rest and chatted with the producers.

After a while, my securities came back and in time I have finished my food. Once the break was over, I finished working on this song - for today, I still have to work on it - and started with another one, which is called 'A Place without No Name'.

Once more, I told these people the way it should sound, trying to get where I want it to be.
When we kind of reached the sound that I wanted it was time for me to try and sing it..

"Okay... let me try and record it again." I then said into the microphone, before I started singing.

"She said, "Don't you worry my friend, I'll take care
Take my hand, I'll take you there"
... Woah-oh
Take me to a place without no name" I sang into the microphone, while the music played in the headphones.

In the end, we all listened to it, but the sound still didn't completely satisfy me.

*Myra's POV*

Today, I was at home with the children, while Michael went to the studio to start working on some songs.

I took this chance to start organising his Birthday. This year I thought that maybe we could change things up a little bit... what I mean is, instead of throwing a party here in Neverland, we could actually go somewhere else, and I already had a brilliant idea for that.

I was now over the phone with Janet, discussing some things about her brother's Birthday. I also told her about my idea, and she got so excited about it.
The idea is: Janet is attending a concert in Las Vegas on August 29th, and I was thinking about going to see her with Michael and some of his friends. After the Show, we could celebrate all together.

"Myra this is such a good idea!!!" Janet said excitedly over the phone, making me giggle.
"I'm glad you agree with that... I'm not going to tell him anything, I'll just drag him with me and we'll all meet there." I then said,
"Perfect. The Show is going to be in MGM Grand Garden Arena and it will start at 7:30." she explained,
"I noted everything. This is going to be amazing." I replied,
"He'll love it. Thank you so much for everything you're doing for my brother, Myra. I appreciate it so much." she said, making me smile like an idiot.
"No need to thank me, Janet." I replied, and shortly after I heard the main door opening. This must be him. "I gotta go... see you soon." I said and quickly hung up.

I then walked out of his office, and he was surprised to see me come out of there.

"Hey... how was your day in the Studio?" I asked while walking towards him and pecking his lips, he smiled.
"It was good... what were you doing in my office?" he asked,
"I was over the phone with Tala." I replied, of course it's a lie, but seems like he believed me.
"And how was your day with the children?" he then asked smiling at me.
"Pretty good. They're already sleeping." I replied. It's pretty late, so yea they're sleeping. It's 9 p.m. right now.
"I'm sorry I didn't make it home sooner, but we're working really hard on some new songs." he then said and sighed, looking kinda disappointed. I cupped his face and smiled brightly.
"Michael, you don't have to feel sorry... it's okay. It's your job. Tell me about these songs." I said trying to reassure him, we then walked upstairs into our bedroom, he changed before we tucked ourselves under the bedsheets and he then started talking about his songs...

I have to say that I'm excited and I can't wait to listen to them... he really is the King of Pop, Rock and Soul.

"I'm pretty sure you'll love all of them, but especially one..." he then said and grinned,
"Which one?" I asked curiously while looking at him,
"Oh, I'm not telling you, you'll see when it's finished." he said, and I pouted my lip in disappointment, making him chuckle. "Don't look at me like that..." he said still laughing.
"How about you sing to me just one phrase?" I pleaded in a playful tone, he laughed even more.
"No." he then said and climbed on top of me, "you'll have to wait..." he whispered looking deep into my eyes.
"You're mean." I said once again in a playful tone, he smiled and raised both of his eyebrows in surprise.
"Am I?" he then asked and giggled, leaning in to kiss my neck, but I stepped back.
"Since I can't listen to your song, you're not going to get it. Sorry, baby." I teased and giggled. I quickly pecked his lips and turned to the side.
"What? For real?" he asked, I grinned.
"Good night, Michael." I said and turned the lights off.

He scoffed and layed back next to me.
After a few minutes, I couldn't help but turn back around to him and cuddle with him.

"Changed your mind already?" he whispered and chuckled,
"Oh, shut up Jackson." I whined and closed my eyes.