Part 5. Answers

Ritika was waiting on what will Virat ask her. She could not tell them anything. She just wished Virat would not ask her anything directly.

"Ritika am gonna ask you directly and I expect that you don't hide it now. I know it's not your place to say it. Don't worry I am not gonna put you in a position where you are uncomfortable to share anything" said Virat very calmly.

Ritika's heart sank a bit when she heard Virat's calm voice. For a moment, she didn't know who this Virat was.

"I will ask questions, and you can either tell me everything or answer in in yes or no," said Virat, "although I know Rohit won't let you explain everything, so let's keep it simple," he explained further.

Ritika glanced at Mahi worriedly, not understanding what was happening. It was not her brother; it was not Rohit's best friend; it was not their Virat.

In response to Ritika's concerned expression, Mahi said, "Cheeku," in a low voice, in an effort to relax him a bit.

Seeing Virat's calm demeanor, Jaddu was exasperated and thought, "Why can't they just smash the door and question Rohit? They still have the right to do so."

Ash kept a hand on his which he was tapping on the table impatiently.

Virat composed himself a bit.

"First, is everything all right with you and Sammy health wise?", he asked, and Ritika responded in yes, feeling nervous about what was to come next.

"Are you guys in some problem for which Rohit is protecting you in some manner?" asked Virat.

Ritika said no to that.

"Is..", Virat cleared his throat to get his voice to ask, "Is Rohit okay? Is there any medical issue?"

Ritika looked at him, he had this straight face which she couldn't understand.

"Ritika?" called Virat again.

Ritika just nodded in yes.

Everyone was worried now seeing her respond in yes. But they didn't say anything as Virat was taking it slow.

"Is it umm"

Virat was so frustrated because he was doing so good and getting something out of it. Now the final question awaited him, and he rubbed his face to steady himself and regain his confidence.

Virat tried again, but this time it was Ritika who said, "No, it's not Virat"

Ritika knew what he was going to ask; she was seeing him how he was struggling to ask.

Virat took a deep breath at that and a sigh of relief. Everyone present there took a sigh of relief hearing that.

"Now, my last question, can he manage it without you? Taking our help I mean?" asked Virat.

Ritika said, "He can, but he won't Virat", referring to Rohit, who had changed a lot in the last year.

"Can you talk to him about it? Just give him a hint or something. Ritika, you want him back like he was before, then trust us please, we will do our best" Virat said requesting her.

"I don't know" Ritika said and left from there leaving them behind.

Virat sighed and rested his head back on the chair feeling exhausted.

"Jassi, Rishabh can you check once on Sammy?" Mahi asked seeing Ritika going in Rohit's room. They agreed and went upstairs.

Once they were out of hearing range Jaddu finally spoke.

"What's going on Virat? You were not like this, the Virat I know would barge in Rohit's room asking him questions. You are seriously testing my patience here" Jaddu said in normal tone but Virat could still hear that edge in his voice.

"What do you want me to do? You want that Rohit should again go somewhere and we can't find him. Why don't you understand that we have to consider that if we upset Rohit in someway he will again.. he will.."

Virat got up and paced to calm himself down.

"We are not gonna let that happen", said Jaddu firmly.

"Can you guarantee that? Tell me? Were you able to stop it for the first time?" asked Virat raising the question.

"If it weren't for you and your stupid fights with him, he would never have left," Jaddu said, exasperated with Virat.

Virat didn't even bother to correct him on that. And he could see Jaddu didn't even regret anything.

This one year he had seen that Jaddu blamed him not totally but he did for some reason. They were not on talking terms, they just spoke about Rohit's situation. Rohit had kept them connected otherwise they wouldn't been together or even talking to each other.

Mahi just went inside not able to take it anymore. He went towards Rohit's room, it was locked. He knocked it.

"Ro, please ek Baar mil le! At least let us see you, let me please kiddo", said Mahi desperately.

______