Chapter 29: Choices, so Many Choices

A/n: Song title, Je te laisserai des mots by Patrick Watson. The video is the cover by Marianne BL. Also, the suggested names used in this chapter except for 'Emiry/Emiri' are the courtesy of leigh282005 @-astrodad  @AdiG112

Emiri Hatake
(In canon Kakashi's mother's name wasn't given, but in this story, her name will be Emiri, I think I mentioned this in the prologue.

Japanese feminine name derived from 英 (ei) meaning "flower, petal, leaf, fine, bright" or 絵 (e) meaning "sketch, paint, draw" and 美 (mi) meaning "beautiful", with the suffix 里 (ri) meaning "village". - behindthename.com)

"It's all about the first person you wanna tell good news to."

-Via (The Minds Journal)

I’ll leave you words
Underneath your door

         The good news spread quickly by word of mouth, like wildfire in a dry forest in the height of summer. Everywhere she went, even with people, she hardly knew she'd hear at least one or two congratulations and well wishes. Nhira would smile and thank the old lady selling strawberries.

       "Oh, a child conceived on strawberries would be sweet and gentle."

        Nhira would pause, a bag of berries in hand, and say, "Oh, really? I hope so." The old lady would give her an enthusiastic nod and go on, "It'll probably be a girl."

        More often than not, the strangers were kind. As some would be outspoken and say all sorts of superstition and predictions. She tried her best to be polite and nod them away.

        She hated it, how they judged her unborn child. A compliment it may be to be said to be a genius because of her father but, 'Who do they think they are? The audacity of these people. Gods, I don't even know half of them.'

       Although she was grateful to those with sincere wishes, mostly the shinobi who knew her lover, now fiancé. The man himself busied himself building a nursery.

       She sighed and dropped by the grocery store unexpectedly running into Might Guy. He was the first that Kakashi had told the good news, too, and would probably be the godfather of the baby.

       "Guy-san?"

       "Ah, Ai! Here, let me hold that for you."

       She refused politely. The three bags weren't heavy to begin with, but Guy was as insistent as he was strong. "Thank you, Guy-san." The man nodded and proudly declared, "I'll be heading to your home too since Kakashi's asked for my help with the nursery."

        Surprise colored her face as she asked, her tone slightly higher and her hands free. "He asked for your help? Just how big does he plan to make the nursery for?"

       'It's not like I'm carrying twins.'

        "It'll take a big chunk of the second floor beside the bedroom. He wants to move the balcony so that the guest room can be adjusted and the nursery will take most of the second floor."