Chapter 2 One More Day

Octavia P.O.V
As soon as Bellamy left I grabbed my laptop and went on Skype, to video chat with Monty and Jasper. Their faces popped onto the screen.

"Hey guys." I smiled. I had been talking to them over Skype for the last month. +
They smiled back.

"Hey Octavia," they said in unison.

"So how's Clarke?" I asked. Monty, and Jasper had been the only two which I had contacted after we left, though they didn't know where we lived or what schools Bellamy and I were going to. They didn't know anything about our location or how we were living, but it was for the best. Bellamy left for a reason, and I respected his decision.

Monty sighed."She left to go to school today with Camilo. She's still angry at Dr. Griffin."
There was a knock on the door."Be right back guys." I stood and went to open the door. I smiled wide as I saw who was standing their.

"Lincoln!" I threw my arms around him. He instantly hugged me back, picking me off the ground. He set me down, and pulled me in for a kiss. We separated.

"How'd you know where I was?" I asked.

He smiled."Bellamy called me." 

My eyes widened. Bellamy? Bellamy may not hate Lincoln anymore, but he didn't fully approve of the age difference between Lincoln and I. Eight years was quite a large gap, even if I was already seventeen. 

Lincoln continued to smile."He told me where to find you guys, with the condition that I wouldn't tell anyone." Of course he would put that as a condition. Other than Lincoln, only Miller knew where we lived. And, that was only because Miller wasn't as close to Clarke as Monty, Raven, and Jasper. Wait, Monty and Jasper were still waiting for me. I invited Lincoln in, and went to my laptop.

"Hey guys can we talk later?"

Monty and Jasper nodded, I said goodbye and went to sit on the couch with Lincoln.
"So what high school are you going to?" Lincoln put his arms around me. I snuggled into him." Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School." 

Lincoln's eyebrows drew together."That's in New York City."

 "Yep." I said, popping the 'p.' "Bell went to check out an apartment near the school he's going to go to." We sat on the couch in each other's arms in silence for a couple moments. I looked over a Lincoln, his eyes were set in deep concentration. I wondered what he was thinking about, but I decided not to ask.

Lincoln P.O.V
I sat on the couch with the most beautiful girl in the world wrapped in my arms. I was glad that her older brother had finally accepted our relationship, but for some reason I had a bad feeling about Octavia and Bellamy going to New York City. I felt as if something was going to happen once they went to live in NYC.

I decided to break the silence."What school is Bellamy going to?"

Octavia played with the fabric of my shirt." The Manhattan School of Music." I tensed up slightly. That was the school Clarke Griffin, Camilo Cortez, and Raven Reyes were going to attend. If Bellamy ever ran into Clarke, Camilo, or Raven, the outcome wouldn't be pretty. 

"What's wrong?" Octavia peered up at me through her gorgeous, long eyelashes. I debated telling her what I knew, but decided against it. The Manhattan School of Music was a big school, possibility of Bellamy running into Clarke shouldn't be that high. It would be better if neither him nor Octavia knew that those three were attending The Manhattan School of Music, that way they wouldn't worry about a possible run- in.

"Nothing." I answered, lening down to give her a kiss. She returned my kiss, and I couldn't be any happier. 

Bellamy P.O.V

I stopped at a gas station to refill my tank, when I saw a familiar glint of blonde hair. For a second my heart pounded, thinking it was Clarke, but then I thought that it couldn't possibly be her. If anywhere she should be at Stanford, in California, pursuing her dream to become a doctor. The girl with the blonde hair turned around, confirming that it wasn't my Princess.
She's not your Princess. I chastised myself. You're stupid for even thinking that girl could have been Clarke. 

I finished filling up my tank, and continued to drive to New York City. Two hours later, I arrived to the apartment I was thinking of renting for O. The landlord showed me around the apartment. It wasn't big, but it wasn't too small. There were two bedrooms and one bathroom. The apartment originally cost $2,000 per month, but I was able to get the landlord to agree on lowering the price to $1,220 per month. I was still working as a video game tester, and that would pay for the rent, but I needed to get another job to pay other expenses. Luckily, the scholarship I had gotten covered not only courses, but also dorm, books, and other costs other than food and clothes.

 After checking out the apartment and signing the one-year lease, I went to check myself into a motel. I had a job interview tomorrow at Michael's. It was one of the few shops that had a job opening. It was currently seven, way too early to go to bed. I sent O a text saying that I signed the lease, and telling her to pack her things. We- or more like she, was going to move into the apartment in about one more day. I myself would have to go move into my dorm. Hopefully whoever I was sharing a dorm with wasn't annoying, or chatty. I laid down onto the bed, and flicked through photos on my phone. They were mostly all of Clarke.

 I sighed, I missed her so much, but I did the right thing. Clarke deserved someone who was better than me. I had tried erasing these pictures, but I couldn't. The reason I had given Clarke the lock she had given me, her bracelet, my guitar pick, and my mother's necklace, was because they all reminded me of her, and I thought that maybe if she had them it would help her forget about me. She could get rid of them, and then have some closure which would help her forget and move on. I had also given her my mother's necklace, because only the girl I loved was supposed to have it, and I would never love any girl that wasn't Clarke. I still had the black guitar Clarke had given me, but I hadn't played on it whatsoever. I also had Clarke's engagement ring, but I kept it in a box because looking at it was to painful.

 The pictures I was currently looking at were more painful than the ring though, they reminded me of how happy we were and how I would never be that happy again. They reminded me of how beautiful she was, they reminded me of how caring she was, they reminded me that Clarke wasn't for me. She was never meant to be with me. I selected, 'check all photos,' on my phone and moved them to my memory card. I then took out my memory card and slipped it into my wallet. That way I couldn't look at them. I turned off my phone and shut my eyes, knowing who would be in my dreams that night. 

Clarke P.O.V
After a day of driving, Camilo and I stopped at a motel, and rented a room with two beds. One more day and we would be at our school. I laid on my bed wide awake, unable to sleep. I soon found myself wondering where he was right know, was he happy? The thought of him being happy without me was enough to make me cry. Did he even miss me? Was he even thinking of me? No he didn't miss me, he wasn't thinking of me. He was the one who left, so why would he miss me? I turned onto my side and closed my eyes, trying not to think about him anymore. I soon fell asleep knowing that he was going to be in my dreams tonight as always.

A/N Thank you guys so much for over 100 reads already, and for all the votes and comments. I'm not completely happy with this chapter, but I hoped you liked it. :)