Chapter 23 Smith

Bellamy P.O.V
I looked at Clarke. Her blue eyes sparkled. "So what are you ordering?"

"Whatever you are Princess," I told her.

She rolled her eyes with a snort."You're such a dork."

"Only for you," I mumbled. She heard me though, and bumped my shoulder with hers.

"Shut up Bellamy," she grinned playfully. I stared at her as she scanned her eyes through the menu. Even in her simple blue jeans, and pink fitted t-shirt, she was beautiful.

She chewed on her lip slightly and it took all I had not to swoop in and kiss her. We were supposed ti be just friends, but everyday it was getting harder and harder to pretend that I didn't love her. It was getting harder and harder to pretend that I didn't remember all those night I had spent with her in my arms; to pretend that all the love I had for her was gone was getting nearly impossible. She was Clarke, the Princess, and one of the only people I just couldn't imagine being without. She was perfect in my eyes. Lost in my trance, I heard Clarke call my name.

"Bellamy," she tried to get my attention.

I blinked and shook my head slightly."Uh, what?"

"I asked, what about ordering some spaghetti?" She told me.

I ran a hand through my hair. "Yeah spaghetti is okay."

She tilted her head to the side with a raised eyebrow."Are you okay?"

"Of course I am Princess," I smiled and she closed her menu.

A different waitress came to take our order, and ten minutes later we got our food. As I ate my spaghetti, I glanced over at Clarke. She had a smaller bit if sauce on the side of her face.

"Clarke," I said.

She looked up at me.

"You have some sauce right here." I gestured on my face, to where she had the sauce on her face.

Clarke smiled and grabbed a napkin and wiped her face."Thanks."

She glanced at me."You have some on your face too. Right here."

She tapped her cheek to show me where I had sauce.

I grabbed my napkin and wiped my cheek.

Clarke laughed."You are completely missing the spot."

I rolled my eyes and wiped my cheek again. Once more, Clarke laughed.

"Are you going to keep laughing at me, or are you going to help me Princess?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

She chuckled again grabbing her napkin with one hand and my face with the other. She wiped my cheek.

"There," she said, though she didn't lean back in her seat.

Her eyes flickered to my lips and back up to mine. I leaned closer, bringing my hand up to cup her face.

Pulling her closer, I could feel her breath on my lips. Our exhales intermingled in the small space between us.

Our eyes were still open, and our faces were only inches apart. My calloused thumb drew gentle circles on her light, porcelain skin.

We came closer, and Clarke closed her eyes. I did as well. Finally as our lips were about to touch-

Love I have wounds only you can mend,

Clarke's phone rang. Clarke opened her eyes.