PREVIEW

Hey readers! So, I'm planning on posting an original story and wanted to give you all a short preview. I hope you enjoy it!

*

Lluvia stares at herself in the mirror, emotionless. The bathroom lights shine bright, exposing every one of her imperfections. She gulps and reaches towards the bottom of her black shirt.

The cloth is clenched in her fists as she lifts it just enough to expose her stomach. Again she stares. Yet it's different this time, this time her eyes are clouded with embarrassment. Why couldn't she lose weight? Lluvia had tried everything-exercise, healthy eating, counting calories- but she was still 183 pounds and only 5'7" and a half.

Lluvia shook her head and dropped her black shirt, smoothing it out before she exited the bathroom. Without eating breakfast she grabbed her back pack and exited her apartment.

This was common for her, it had begun to be very routine. She'd wake up, get dressed, then leave without breakfast. Although, sometimes she would grab an apple on the way out,
not that'd she'd finish it, but it was enough to get her through lunch.

"Lluvia!" A voice called out to her as she reached the apartment's exit.

Startled she turned around to see her short friend, Alexandra, running towards her. She smiled and waited for her to catch up.

Heaving and out if breath Alexandra reached her. "Why-" She took a deep breath. "-do you... walk, so fast?"

The corner of Lluvia's mouth curved up into a smile. Not slowing down she responded. "Why do you run so slow?" Teasing her friends had always been a favorite pass time for her.

Unamused Alexandra rolled her eyes. "Hardy-Har-Har."

Lluvia shook her head continuing to smile as they reached the intersection stoplight and pressed the button four times. Alexandra laughed.

"What?" Lluvia side glanced her.

"Look." Alexandra nudged her friend and nodded across the street. Freshmen. Ready for their first day of high school and dressed as if they were going to a fashion show. Boy would that change by Senior year.

"Do they remind you of anyone?" A voice from behind asked as Lluvia jumped. Please don't be him, Lluvia begged as she turned around, please, please, pleas-

"Lluvia," Chase smirked as she cursed under her breath. "Alex."

"Chase, " Alexandra smiled with a scheme already brewing in her mind. Alexandra glanced at her friend mischievously, oh no, Lluvia already knew where this was going. She glared at Alexandra."Do you want to walk with us to school?"

Lluvia glared at her and prayed Chase would say no, but as luck would have it he didn't decline the offer.

"Of course," he smiled facing Lluvia."I wouldn't miss a chance to spend with two of the most beautiful girls in school."

Lluvia almost groaned as she turned to stare down the stoplight. It sure was taking it's sweet time. Luckily, just as Chase was about to speak again, it was their turn to walk across the street and instead of stopping to wait for the other stop sign Lluvia continued walking straight; Chase and Alexandra having trouble keeping up with her.

"Going a bit fast there Water Drop ,"
Chase called out to her as he jogged up next to her right side. On her left Alexandra cackled.

"Please do not call me Water Drop ever again." Lluvia demanded getting increasingly annoyed by her so called friend who was dying of laughter next to her.

Soon they reached the intersection across from their school. Thank goodness, Lluvia thought to herself. She needed someone to rant to, someone who preferably wouldn't laugh at her like Alex was at the moment.

"Oh come on," Chase nudged her . They began to cross the street. "You love it when I call you that."

Lluvia was appalled, making an indignant sound. She had had enough, she was done. This little Sophomore needed to shut his mouth...

"Watch out!" A hand yanked her back as a black blur sped by. Lluvia's heart raced. She whipped her head to the side and saw the black blur turn into the school parking lot. She took deep breaths and realized someone was pulling her across the street. Blinking rapidly, her heartbeat began to slow allowing her to hear someone calling her name.

Lluvia turned to see a trio staring at her- Alex, Chase, and her saving grace.

*

To be continued. . .