Chapter 8

*ZAYN’S POV*

Yeah all the hope I had was GONE. We were just friends to her couldn’t she see that she was different. I don’t know why but I sorta just clicked with her. I just want her to be mine. You could say I was being greedy or anything but I don’t understand what she sees in Harry. I know Harry he is the womanizer in the group he gets all the girls while the others just stand there awkwardly.

This was getting so old now. Sapph was different and I knew Harry would hurt her. He hasn’t even told her anything about him dating Caroline or Taylor Swift; he doesn’t realize the fact that Sapph isn’t one of those tough girls.

Maybe I should tell Sapph about Harry’s past relations? No what am I even saying he is my best friend.

‘Dicks before chicks’ I reminded myself. I couldn’t just betray him.

“Ah sorry about that back there I shouldn’t have pulled you into this” Sapph said I just ignored her shoving my hands in my pocket and kept walking.

After the whole walk back home she didn’t say a word yet I kept glancing at her, her blue-green eyes had changed color to dark blue with the hurt evident. Great job Zayn look what you’ve done. I mentally slapped myself. I agreed my move was pretty pathetic and self obsessed. We were almost home when I tugged onto her arm and she passed me a warm smile.

I feel so bloody guilty just look at me, there she is passing me a gorgeous smile that could like light up the whole town while I ignored her the whole walk over one petty thing after all she didn’t even say that she was in love with Harry. I can be so self obsessed some times.

Even though she had a perfect smile spread across her face you could tell through her eyes she was hurt. They were even watery, as far as I knew I can’t believe I was mocking Harry and before he got a chance I had already hurt her.

“Look it’s not what you think I’m sorry I’m being so rude to you. I didn’t mean to hurt you at all. I’m just having a headache thas all” I lied to her in the end. She gave me a funny smile and hugged me for a nanosecond I wish it could have been longer. But we both were aware paps would be around.

“Ok if you say so I’m not angry at you Zayn you helped me a lot” she gave me a quick peck on the cheek and walked inside the house not looking back once. Oh shit I was so in love with her, it was obvious now.

I entered the house when Lou, Li and Nialler attacked me pulling me into the kitchen.

“So how was your date with Sapph?” Lou spoke rather excited wiggling his eyebrows at me. Oh god they are starting to suspect me.

I rolled my eyes at them. “C’mon you guys are well aware we are just friends and anyways she already likes someone not like she would be interested” I shrugged.

“Haha so Zaynie you do like her?” Nialler spoke like it was rocket science.

“Come on guys I told you we are just friends” I spoke quickly and broke eye contact trying to walk away. When Li pulled me back.

“Zayn we all know you like her, just stay out of trouble and Harry’s way you know Harry likes her.” He said cheekily.

“Yeah I know I won’t bother like always” I mocked a bit rudely letting go his grasp and walking away.

“He is so in love” I heard Lou say and Nialler and Li laugh. Great now they suspect me. So yet again they think I’ll just back off for Harry like always, maybe it’s time I try my best too. I mean there is no harm right.

-----2 weeks later----

*SAPPH’S POV*

“OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LIKE SERIOUS OR IS THIS A BLOODY JOKE NO WAY THIS CANT BE HAPPENING” I was screaming and jumping from one sofa to the other like a three year old who just got candy.