Two birds on a wire

I felt claws grab my shoulders.

I opened my eyes.

It's been a long time since you spoke. The voice said.

I smiled. I didn't think you'd help. I said.

I swore an oath to your father, child, I must help you whenever you are in need.

Our descent slowed as the owl flapped his huge wings.

We landed carefully on the lawn as he let go of me.

How long have you been watching me? I said, laying Leo on the ground.

Since your father faded.

I sighed. Did you know of my mother?

No, I thought she had died, your father thought so too. He hopped closer peering down at Leo.

"Anwen!" Piper yelled. I turned. Piper and Jason were running towards us. They stopped abruptly when they saw the giant owl.

"Uhm... Who is the owl?" Jason said.

"Oh, right. Long story short. Before Pan faded, he had a group of animals who were..." I hesitated. "More evolved than your normal animal. He used these to perform tasks for him, however once he discovered he was on the verge of fading he decided he would give them all new missions. Most were sent to help keep places wild, but this owl here." I gestured towards the owl. "His sole mission was to make sure I was kept safe, whenever I asked for his help, he would be there. The rest of the animals were also told to take care of me but Hoots over here," I smirked as the owl turned his head to me. "His main priority was to look after me."

The owl ruffled his feathers. You know I hate being called Hoots.

Dad said I could name you, and I really liked Sesame Street at the time, therefore that is your name now.

He ruffled his feathers. Fine. I snorted.

Piper and Jason were staring at us.

"What?" I said.

"Why are you hooting at each other?" Piper said, looking concerned.

I stared at her. "Oh! I just realised." I laughed. "No, you can't talk to animals so you don't understand what we are saying. We were arguing about how he hates being called Hoots."

"Ok... Anyway, where's Leo?" Jason said.

"He is right here." I said, pointing at the unconscious form of Leo behind me.

"Oh my god!" Piper said. "Why did you just put him on the floor? Is he even alive?"

I snorted. "He's just unconscious."

Piper slapped a hand to her face as she sat next to Leo.

"I can't believe you." She muttered.

She cleared her throat. "Leo." She said in charmspeak. "Wake up."

Leo gasped and shot up. "Am I alive?" I snorted.

"Leo, lie down again." Piper instructed.

"How am I alive? I thought I fell." Leo said.

"This nutcase saved you." Piper said, pointing at me.

Leo frowned. "How?"

"Well, it's an interesting story really –"

"Holy- is that a giant owl?" Leo said.

"Why does everyone interrupt me?" I muttered.

Probably because when you start talking you don't stop.