It's rude to point

Piper and I ran along the ridge, trying our best to keep our heads down and out of sight. Meanwhile, Jason, Leo, and Coach all walked straight into the centre of the clearing. Jason summoned his golden lance, brandishing it over his head as he yelled, "Giant!" Which sounded a lot more confident that I could have managed. My mind was going more along the lines of: 'We are pathetic ants! Don't kill us!'

Enceladus stopped chanting at the flames. He turned towards the others and grinned, revealing fangs like a sabre-toothed tiger. "Well." The giant rumbled. "What a nice surprise."

I froze. Piper looked back at me frowning. "What?" She whispered.

"Let the movie star go, you big ugly cupcake!" Coach yelled. "Or I'm gonna plant my hoof right up your-"

"Coach." Jason interrupted. "Shut up."

Enceladus roared with laughter. "I've forgotten how funny satyrs are. When we rule the world, I think I'll keep your kind around. You can entertain me while I eat all the other mortals."

"Is that a compliment?" Hedge frowned. "I don't think that was a compliment."

The giant opened his mouth wide, and his teeth began to glow.

"Scatter!" Leo yelled. The others all dived for cover. I began to rise from the bush but Piper yanked my arm back down.

"What are you doing?" She whispered-yelled.

"He's gonna fry them!" I whisper-yelled back.

Suddenly the mountainside shook. I fell back, grabbing Piper's hand and dragging her down into the mud with me.

I peered through the undergrowth. I saw Jason staggering to his feet on the other side of the clearing, Leo was sprawled near the fire, and Coach was knocked out cold, he'd fallen forward and hit his head on a log. His furry hindquarters now sticking up in the air.

The giant bellowed. "I see you, Piper Mclean!" He blew fire at the line of bushes we were sat in. I grabbed Piper and dived into the clearing. Piper fell next to me and I pushed myself to my feet, groaning as pain shot up my leg.

"It's not just Piper, egg head." I yelled.

The giant frowned before laughing once again. "I have never been called 'egg head', maybe I shall keep you around just like your satyr friend."

"I would literally rather jump off this cliff." I said gesturing to the drop behind me.

The giant laughed again. "No matter, we do not need you." He turned to Piper. "I am happy you arrived! And you even brought me some gifts!" He gestured to me, Jason, and Leo.

I turned to Leo and he stared back worriedly. We knew of the giant's plan, and we had run in anyway, we had played right into his hands. I clenched my fists.

The giant must have caught sight of Leo's expression because he laughed even harder. "That's right, son of Hephaestus. I didn't expect you all to survive this long, but no matter. Piper brought you here, she sealed the deal. If she betrays you, I will stay good to my word. She can take her father and leave. What do I care for a movie star?"

I could get a better look at Piper's dad now. His clothes were torn and dirty, any visible skin was covered in scrapes and mud. He wasn't completely unconscious because he lifted his head slightly and groaned in pain.

"Dad!" Piper yelled.

Tristan McLean raised his head slightly and looked towards us in confusion. "Pipes? Where..." He trailed off, blinking.

Piper drew her dagger and faced Enceladus. "Let him go!"

"Of course, dear." He rumbled. "Swear your loyalty to me, and we have no problem. Only these others must die."