Chapter 4: The Chick Who Kicked Ass

A big hello to all my lovely readers. You have no ideas how happy I am from the response, its slow but it is good. I hope you all are enjoying the story.

I am not sure so do tell me your views by COMMENTING and VOTING!!

And lastly I want to dedicate this chapter to my awesome sister who argued and shouted on me because I was not completing the story

So @SwekritiMathur thanks so much sister. love you

I won't bore you more so here is the next chapter !!!

Enjoy!!!

_____

Chapter 4: The Chick Who Kicked Ass

After finishing our sundaes, Reyan asked me if I could tell him where he could buy all the books we are assigned. I decided that I should show that to him myself,  and so I took him to the book store that was not far from the cafe and from where I bought all my stationary.

"Hello, Uncle." I said to the shopkeeper with a smile.

"Ariana, long time. How are you, daughter?" Satya Uncle the shopkeeper asked me smiling at me.

"I am fine and I can see that you look as fit as ever." I said cheerfully. I was eight when I first met Satya Uncle, he was tall and dark in his forties and he was a father figure to me.

"Actually, Uncle I came because my friend here needs some books for college." I said pointing Reyan.

Reyan came forward and I introduced him to Uncle. "Reyan, this is Satya Uncle and Uncle, this is Reyan, Nikhil's cousin." They said their hellos and Reyan told Uncle what all he needed. Satya Uncle knew Nikhil and Riya as well, we're regulars. As usual I started roaming in the shop and went straight to the shelves where the fiction novels were kept. The bookstore was more like a library, which was also one of my favorite places. I picked up Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and went where Reyan and Uncle were.

"Oh, here she comes." I heard Satya Uncle say as I approached.

"What happened?" I asked confused.

"Oh Reyan was just wondering where you were. I told him that our Ariana is always near the books." Uncle smiled, his expression changed as he remembered something "Oh, now I remember, Ariana your mother asked me to keep this book and give it to you when you come here, take it before I forget again." Satya Uncle said and went inside his office and brought an old looking book, my mother was a sucker for them.

He handed me 'The American Tragedy' and I smiled at him "How much for the books, Uncle?" I asked pointing to my and mom's books as I saw that Reyan's were packed which means he already bought them.

"Keep them as a gift." He said and I wasn't shocked, mom and dad were very good friends with Satya Uncle so he rarely took money from us.

"You have to take the money Uncle, I insist and you have to listen, aren't I just like your daughter?" I said with a puppy dog face. I tried my best but they never looked as good as Riya's.

He laughed and sighed "Oh my, you are a very persuasive girl Ariana your parents raised you well." He said

"So did you Uncle." I smiled at him. He was one of those people who always had faith in me.

He patted my head lovingly "Okay, these both cost you Rs.450." He finally told me the cost.

I handed him the money as Uncle packed my books. I felt someone's eyes on me I turned my head and saw Reyan looking at me intently. Damn it I forgot that he was with me.