Chapter 40: The Revival

Hi guys! A very Happy Valentine's Day to all! This is my Valentine's special update for you.

Hope you like it!

Enjoy!!

Chapter 40: The Revival

Breathless. It was the only thing I felt when I reached my room, it wasn't bad breathless like I was choking. I wasn't breathless because I ran to my room, 2 floors down. I was breathless because of what happened near the elevator. What was that? My skin was still burning from the kiss, even when it was just a simple kiss on the forehead, even though it lasted longer... I stopped thinking and looked at the present in my hand.

He asked me to open when I am in my room, and here I was. I decided to change for bed before opening the gift, the sari, even if I wore it quite often on weddings was a bit uncomfortable now, even my hair which was loose were bothering me because it's been long since I left them untied.

After changing and tying my hair in a French braid, because the fringes won't come in the bun, I sat on my bed with the present in my hand. I carefully opened the packaging and gasped loudly when I saw a square jewelry box with name of the same store where we went for ring shopping.

I opened it and my eyes widened at the contents of the box. It was the same emerald necklace which I saw when Adreyan and Esme were finalizing the ring. I caressed the necklace before picking it up as butterflies fluttered in my stomach. How did he know? Was he finally remembering me?

My eyes fell on the lid of the box where there was a note attached. I pulled out the neatly written note and fell in love with the similar cursive handwriting once again. My breath stopped when I saw what was written in the note, it said-

Dear Ariana

If I am successful in giving you this gift, it means you forgave me for the ill treatment I showed towards you. I saw you looking at this pendant while we were in that store, maybe you liked it. Maybe it was some remembrance or maybe not. But it did remind me of something.

Your eyes, just like the emerald, they shine, with elegance, with anger, with passion. I bought it then and there and had no idea how to gift it to you, before Esme told me that it's your birthday.

If you accept it, then please wear it tomorrow. If you don't then I'll understand that you never forgave me and try harder to get your forgiveness.

I'll be waiting

Yours Adreyan

"Shit!" I said loudly as I went through the contents of the note. He was confusing me again! It puzzeled me even more with the fact that if he was remembering me or it was a thought that came to his mind.

I picked up the pillow and shouted in frustration. He didn't know and here I was feeling thousands of things again. Those butterflies, the erratic beating of my heart, the breathlessness, the restlessness, everything was giving me the revival of the old days.

I put the pillow down and looked at the pendant again and sighed. It was beautiful, I got down the bed and went near the mirror with the necklace and placed it around my neck. I almost broke down when I remembered the day again. I put the necklace in its box and the box on the dresser and went to sleep.

___

I wore the necklace the very next day when we were in the Perez restaurant for the rehearsal dinner preparations.

Due to my shirt that I buttoned up till the first button, Adreyan couldn't see it and the whole time we were there I could see that he was in a bad mood, I asked him what bothered him but he just gave me a look of hurt and went out. I went to the washroom to freshen up and realized what bothered him, my necklace wasn't showing. So I undid the two buttons of my shirt and took out my coat making the necklace visible unlike before. I was instructing the staff about what china should be used and letting them know the sitting arrangements when Adreyan entered the restaurant, I called him to ask about what color he would like for the napkins, he gave me a weird look before his eyes caught the sight of the necklace and he smiled at me. Like a big, bright, wide full grin that went to his ears, I just chuckled and shook my head and told the staff to use the cream colored napkins.