Chapter 45: Meanwhile

Hey guys!

I am so thankful for the 3.1K views and the 528 votes!! Thanks a lot guys. 

So to express my gratitude to you, I am giving you a non Ariana P.O.V! Ain't I the best!

V! Ain't I the best!

Enjoy!!

___

Chapter 45: Meanwhile

Natasha smirked as she saw Ariana running away, suppressing her tears. She felt satisfied with her work, but there was something, she couldn't name what, but it pained her to see Ariana crying. It was just like the times when she asked her to tell her story every year.

She shrugged off the feeling, she was happy her son was fine, she might be happier if he forgot Ariana this time too. She was over the moon when he did the last time, she grabbed the opportunity to take him away, although it led to leaving Raj's family too, but she had to do it for her son, he was blindly in love with the girl.

She saw Esme coming after a few minutes. She was a kind girl, very sweet and full of life, she liked her. Aide told her he loved Esme and she couldn't help but think why he wasn't the same with Esme like he was with Ariana. Even Esme didn't look her Aide like Ariana looked at him. Although she liked Esme more than she liked Ariana, she couldn't shrug off the feeling that Esmeralda wasn't the girl for her son.

"Where is Ariana?" Esme asked her.

"She got a call from home, some family emergency. She had to leave" She said nonchalantly, not looking at Esme.

"Oh..." Esme said. "I'll call her" She was about to dial when Natasha stopped her.

"No, don't she told me to tell you not to call her, she said she had to go home and her team will take care of everything" Natasha lied.

"But she was so worried about Aide, she can't leave him like that. I know she won't" Esme said stubbornly.

"She said that she was fine with knowing that he was well and has nothing to do with him anymore," Natasha said convincingly.

"I don't believe it" Esme insisted.

"Her words not mine, she said she wants to move on and it's for the best Aide doesn't see her" She tried sounding like Ariana and it did the work, Esme nodded and kept her phone back in her pocket.

--

Esme wasn't convinced, not a bit. Yes, Ariana said she can't stay, but she promised to stay until the wedding. It was possible that she thought the wedding was off, which it was but she would have stayed to say goodbye to her.

Esme was sure Natasha was lying. She had to do something with Ariana's leaving. How can she not, the woman forgot she had a sprained ankle and rushed all the way here because Aide was hurt. She could imagine her driving like a maniac, it was clear on her face how much the green eyed woman loved Aide, maybe more than Esme loved Theo.