Chapter 16: The Matchmakers

Hi to all again! Here's the new chapter to My version of love, I hope you like it.

Dresses for Anika and Ariana are above!

Enjoy!

______

Chapter 16: The Matchmakers

It was during the break we got from rehearsals after a few classes when Reyan pointed out that Anika was behaving strangely, even Mehr said that Rishabh was not being his irritating self since he went on a date with me and yesterday he was talking to himself in his room after he came home late at night. I told them that when Rishabh and I met today in the classroom he just passed me a smile and went to sit on his seat, no drama, no flirting.

Anika too wasn't getting clingy with Reyan and was a bit dreamy all the time we worked so I, Mehr and Reyan decided to find out what the matter was. Maybe something happened between them when Rishabh left Anika at her place after our date. I asked Rishabh and Reyan asked Anika to join us for lunch for which they both agreed.

Reyan and Anika were already there with Mehr when I entered the cafeteria with Rishabh, I waved at them and motioned Rishabh to come along, he faltered at first but then followed me with a smile. When we reached the table and the pleasantries were shared, I saw Anika blushing seeing Rishabh who blushed too. I smiled secretly and discreetly gave thumbs up to Reyan and Mehr who looked at each other with a Cheshire cat grin. I nodded and continued the act.

"You know guys I had so much fun on my date with Rishabh, it surely was one of the best days of my life" I told everyone Reyan and Mehr smirked with amusement. Rishabh just gave me a small smile "So...Rishabh when are we going to our next date?" I asked Rishabh with a sweet smile. Rishabh's smile dropped a bit and he looked towards Anika who was looking back at Rishabh with curiosity.

"Uh...whenever...you say" Rishabh stammered and I smiled widely.

"How about tonight?" I said with excitement.

"S...sure" Rishabh tried to smile but it was obvious it was a fake one. I tapped his hand and stood up.

"Hey, I have to pick some books from the library; do you want to come with me?" I asked Rishabh keeping my hand on his.

"Uhh...I have...Okay, let's go" Rishabh stuttered but agreed and I grinned at him and started to stand up as he followed me and stood up.

"I'll see you guys then" I said waving Reyan, Mehr and Anika who waved back, except Anika who looking upset. And the mission begins!

Just as we planned, we kept Rishabh and Anika away from each other to understand their reactions, at the end of the day we all knew that Rishabh and Anika like each other. Ronit appeared when we were discussing our master plan so we decided to include him too, the more the merrier and I still have to play matchmaker for my best friend.

Reyan too made Anika agree for a date tonight. He said he didn't face much difficulty as she readily agreed, also adding the part that no one can resist his charms.

'You bet' I wondered.

Ronit, Mehr, Reyan and I sat in the cafeteria later that day to discuss our plan.

"Let's revise the plan, Rishabh and I will meet Reyan and Anika at Pizza Hut where Ronit's brother works and you guys will make sure that our tables are the same" I pointed at Mehr and Ronit who nodded. "Then I will sneak out and so will Reyan after some time leaving Rishabh and Anika to themselves and see their reactions" I recited the plan and everyone nodded.