Chapter 39: The Best Birthday Ever

Hi guys! 

I am so thankful to you for the amazing number of reads and votes on this story!! Keep doing that. 

I also want to dedicate this chapter to my friend and brother @hardiksidana3 for I promised him I will dedicate today's chapter to him. A special pre- birthday gift to you brother.

The picture of Esme and Ariana's outfits above with the amazing Micheal Jackson song for this chapter in the link.

Enjoy!!

Chapter 39: The Best Birthday Ever

I was at the caterer's in the evening with Adreyan and Esme when my phone rang, it was Abhimanyu. I ignored the call and dropped him the message that I would call him back in 10 minutes as we were already finished but I think he forgot how to read English and called me again.

"You should pick the phone, it must be important," Esme said and I gave her a sorry look and picked up the call.

"This better be important Abhi," I said into the phone without saying hello.

"Happy Birthday!!" Both Abhimanyu and Aditi screamed into the phone making me smile and I looked at my watch. It was 7:30 in the evening that meant it was 12 am there.

"Thank you very much" I laughed.

"Our pleasure and sorry for disturbing you, Abhi here was being childish because he wanted to be the first to wish you," Aditi said and I chuckled.

"I can tell. He has been the first one to wish me since Re..." I started to say but stopped and my smile dropped and I heard silence on the other side. "I mean since you went into the coma," I said covering my slip up.

"Aru...are you fine?" Abhimanyu asked making me grimace.

"No not anymore since you reminded me that I am another year older," I said trying to cheer up the two and myself.

"You are not getting old, you don't look a day older than 18," Abhi said and I smiled.

"More like 80, I look like an old lady already with the dark circles and wrinkles," I said making a face.

"Ariana, are you sleeping well?" Abhimanyu asked and my smile faltered.

"Yeah, I sleep 12 hours a day" I joked.

"Tell me the truth Aru," He said and I sighed but I heard a beeping sound which meant I had another call in waiting.

"Listen I'll talk to you later guys, I have calls on waiting already," I said lightheartedly and they agreed and hung up saying another happy birthday to me.

I cut the call and saw a missed call from my dad. I decided to call him back as soon as I was finished with the work.

I went back and we did the final tasting of the food. I instructed them with all the necessary details about the food stalls in the wedding as well as the reception.

"Ariana!" Esme called me as we were about to sit in the car.

"Yes, Esme?" I asked her and she gave me her signature bright smile.

"I have an appointment with my hairstylist before the party tomorrow, I would love some company. Will you come with me?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah sure..." I was saying but I was cut my continuous beeping of my phone which was loaded with Happy Birthday messages. The last one was from Noori, I smiled and looked up at Esme who looked at me curiously. "Sorry about that. I'll come with you. What time?" I asked her.