Chapter 42: Letting Go

Hi guys!

Guess what? Just like Ariana, I sprained my ankle too, it was really funny how it happened unlike Ariana. No one carried me home, I'm not that lucky, I had to return home on my own. 

Co-incidentally it happened the very next day of posting the last chapter. I wish someone would carry me too and bandage me lovingly...*sighs*

Anyways, Enjoy! 

___

Chapter 42: Letting Go

I was in a meadow; thousands of colorful flowers were grown there. I couldn't even name how many varieties I could see. I was appreciating the beautiful scenery when two strong pair of arms grabbed me from behind and I turned to see a smiling Reyan looking at me with a grin. I turned and he presented me a rose and started putting the rose in my hair. Suddenly the weather changed and gray clouds turned in and with that the same monster appeared.

"Reyan!" I screamed but he didn't look. "Reyan!" I screamed again and he saw what I was seeing.

"Run Anna!" He said as we ran away from the grotesque wolf-like monster. We ran. Reyan held my hand tightly as we struggled to find our way in the dark.

The monster was following us, we parted ways and the wolf started following me. I ran as fast as I could. My feet were burning now, suddenly my body hit a hard wall and I cried banging the obstacle. The monster growled and I faced it. It's pointed teeth were covered in blood and it's sharp claws directed to me. It leaped forward and I crouched in fear and closed my eyes, waiting for death. A few seconds passed and nothing happened, then I heard a heart-wrenching scream. I opened my eyes and saw that I was fine, but there was blood spilled everywhere, and it belonged to the monster and...Reyan.

"Anna!" Reyan's voice called me and I opened my eyes instantly, immediately gaining consciousness, I sat up and sighed in relief when I realized it was just a dream.

I looked sideways to a very worried Reyan and felt embarrassed for screaming again in my sleep.

"I am so sorry for waking you up," I said shamefully. "I shouldn't have slept. God, I am so stupid. I knew this would happen and I couldn't stop myself from sleeping. How can I be so stupid? I woke you up, you looked so peaceful while sleeping. I should go..." My rambling was stopped as Reyan's lips caught mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him back urgently. After what seemed like centuries, we pulled away. Reyan made me rest my head on his shoulders and he soothed my back, calming me strangely.

"I'm sorry," I said choking a sob.

"Hush, it's alright," He said lovingly soothing my hair, he kissed my forehead and pulled me on his lap, holding me tightly in an embrace. "Everything will be alright. I'm right here" He said into my hair calming me instantly.

"I shouldn't have slept," I said and involuntary tears started streaming from my eyes. A tear dropped on Reyan's shoulder and he pulled away, his eyes widening seeing me like this.

"Anna, it's alright. You don't have to cry" He said softly and lowered his head to my face, wiping away my tears from his lips and I stopped crying. When he was sure that I wasn't crying anymore, he looked back at me.

"Now calm down alright, things like these happen and you don't need to go. Instead, you need to be here, beside me and tell me what's wrong" He said calmly and I reluctantly nodded, sniffling a bit.

"I have nightmares every time I sleep. I always end up screaming and waking up" I confessed to him and Reyan looked at me with anguish in his eyes. "I prefer staying awake. I hardly sleep. I can't sleep, every time I close my eyes those creatures follow me and try to kill me" I told him. "I know you regret loving me now knowing I am such a mess, I shouldn't have slept here. I should have left" I said as I tried masking the hurt and distress I felt.