6. Did I Take it Too Far?

[Dylan POV]
I woke up with my stomach tied in knots. Today was the date with Astrid I was so excited but nervous too. I already picked the perfect plan. We would go out for dinner and spend the rest of the evening strolling on the boardwalk. We could get to know each other a little more and I wanted to tell her a lot more. I think it's important for people to know where you come from and your relationship with your family. Although I don't have the best relationship with them it's understandable.

I'm not ready to share that part of my life yet so I'll keep that hidden. I'll just tell her I'm closer to cousins and siblings than my parents. After scrolling through my phone, I finally get up. I have two classes today. One is from 9:00-10:30 and the other from 12:30-2:00. Can't wait.

I got to brush my teeth and put on baggy cargo shorts and a crop top. I put my usual rings and gold chain on, I place my hair in a small ponytail while leaving some hair out to fall in the back. I grab my things and say goodbye before leaving and heading inside my car. It takes about fifteen minutes to finally get there.

I walk into my half-filled class and sit down before the lecture starts. I start with my Black History class then I'll end the day with Mathematics. I'm one of the few white girls in the class, It's college so I don't get weird stares or anything. I don't feel weird about it either, I mean I chose the class. After it was finally over I had some time before the next so I visited the school's library.

I didn't pick any books out  but just sat down and opened my computer. I needed to send emails to different med schools. Soon I'll need to interview, I just hope I don't move far.

-Small-time skip

I listened to Billie to pass the time in my Mathematics class and before I knew it class was over. I get up to leave when a girl decides to stop me.

"Hey!" She says her voice sounds happy but nervous. "I think you're really cute."

Shit.

"And I was wondering if I could get your number?"

"I'm sorry I uhh I'm talking to someone so I can't but you know you're uhh really pretty!" I tell her trying to make her feel less embarrassed. She says thanks before shaking her head and walking away. I plug my headphones back in my ears and head home.
—————————————————————
[Astrid's POV]

"Do you want it in your pussy? Do you want it in your ass?" I sing one of my favorite old songs as I clean the house. The girls are at school and I finished my morning class this morning. The house was a mess and I was a nervous wreck for our date.

The last time we went out was with the girls so we couldn't get too deep when talking. So now that we're are going to, lumps form in my throat and my stomach tightens thinking about it. So cleaning and listening to music is the only way.

My phone rings and I walk over to pick it up. When I lift my phone, I see my sister's name pop up. Why is she calling me?

"Hello?" I asked confused as hell.

"Hey, Astrid!" My twin sister answers the phone. We are close and I'm not angry at her for calling, but she doesn't call often. She usually just walks in my door due to us living close by. She loves seeing my kids mainly because she can't have any of her own. She insists she's ok but I can't help but feel bad. I texted her yesterday to ask if she could watch the kids and she responded, letting me know she would love to.

"Why did you call, Aniyah?" I ask my face still stuck with the same look. "You never call,"

"Yeah I know, it just- I can't watch the girls." She says with regret.