12. Where Did She Go?

(A/N: the song is the one playing in the club :) If there is music, there will always be an authors note lol)

[Dylan's POV]

Today I'm meeting Astrid's friends. I've seen them from a distance and Astrid talks about them but I can't put names to faces. I'm getting ready in my apartment and apparently, we're going to a fair then later to a bar. The twins are joining us for the fair and will be dropped off at Astrid's parent's house.

Astrid is going to pick me up from my apartment where I am getting ready. I change into baggy shorts and a crop top. I put on my six rings, four on my left excluding the pinky, and two on my two middle fingers. I place my wallet in my shorts and sit on the couch on my phone while I wait for her.

Soon I hear a knock at the door and when I open it I see two little girls. "Hey, Dylan!" They shout together. I smiled and walked out. We walk down the stairs and I see Astrid.

I walk up to her a place a kiss on her cheek. "Why didn't you walk up?"

"I was lazy," I nod and let out a small laugh before opening the door for her. I walk to the other side and get in. Astrid makes sure the girl buckles before driving off. "My whole friend group is basically gay except for John but you know what happened with him."

I nod my head and cringe at the thought. John had made a sexual comment regarding June. Yes, June. A little five-year-old girl. He had said something about her butt and how she "already has potential". When Astrid had told me, there was nothing but anger written on my face. Astrid and the rest of the group dropped him after his comment. They also told his job who fired him, apparently that was his last straw.

Soon we made it to the fair which wasn't very far from where I lived. I walked out of the car and opened the backseat door to let Aniyah out. She hopped out and took my hand. Astrid was on her phone, I assumed she was texting everyone else. "This way guys,"

We follow her to the entrance of the fair. For this fair, you have to have wristbands in order to ride the rides. So we went over to stand in line to get wristbands. The girls started to get impatient and wanted to ride the rides. Astrid said they'd get like this and sometimes run away but, she doesn't want to be a mom with kids on leashes. When we were about 4 people away from the front I heard someone call out.

"Hey bitch!!!" A woman's voice shouts, I turn and see her wearing a button-up crop top and jeans. The shirt was multi-colored with strips and mostly colored red. Just by the way she walks, I can tell she's energetic and fun. Her skin is slightly darker than Astrid's and I wanna say her hair is 3c. Her hair is just at her shoulders and it's black, she also has a very noticeable mole on her chin. Astrid greets her with a hug and she also says hi to the kids then she looks at me. "Hey! Dylan right?"

I nod my head. I was trying to remember her name but nothing came up. I do remember her at the bar that night. I watched her from a distance as she danced to the music. She seems fun. "Dylan this is Isabella," I take my hand out of my pocket to shake her hand. She shakes her head and puts out her arms.

"I'm a hugger," she says before getting closer and hugging me. I hug back, it's an awkward one, mainly because I'm not too big on hugs from random strangers. After the hug, I look at Astrid. Soon more people came like the rest of them. My guess is they came together or were just surprised to arrive at the same time. The next to greet me is a man who has albinism. It's clear based on his skin and red eyes. He sticks his arm out and I shake it, his grip is firm. His name is Ade and also happens to be legally blind which isn't rare for someone with albinism.

The next person's name was Beautiful and she gave me a hug. "If you hurt her or her kids. I will end you," she whispers in my ear and after she lets go she gives me a smile, pretending she didn't say the things she did. I give her a small smile hiding how terrified I am.