29. Unbeatable

Christmas is near and Dylan and I decided to go shopping for a tree. Later today we will decorate with the girls. They are spending time with my mom and dad, which they do often.

My parents have always watched them while I went to school. They would either come over or I would drop them off. It was hard for them considering they have jobs but they will always say yes to watching their grandkids.

"What about this one?" I ask Dylan pointing to the frosted tree.

"I want it to snow again, remember when it snowed?" she says. "It was in like 2014 or something."

"Babe."

"What? Oh! Umm I mean I don't really like white trees."

"You okay?" I ask facing her. She's been spacing out lately and always thinking. When addressing her, she seems to say something random and not completely understand what's being said.

"Yeah I'm good," she says putting her arm around my waist and bringing me closer. She smiles and places a kiss on my forehead, attempting to ease my worries.

Unfortunately, her behavior is not the only thing on my mind. Caleb has been texting me, telling me he didn't mean what happened. It's weird how he texts now. To be honest, I'm still processing his actions from that day.

I fear Dylan knows, which would explain her behavior and lack of concentration. If she does, it could change how she views me. I'd hate that. "Do you need to tell me anything?"

"What? No. Do I need to tell you something?"

"No, I mean if you don't then..." I say then break eye contact, looking at the trees and other decorations.

"Ok, then."

I don't think she knows, good.

We ended up picking a nice tree that should fit perfectly in our home. Dylan insisted on paying and she didn't take no for an answer. We placed it back in the cart and made our way to the car.

The tree fit almost perfectly in the car and we headed back home. "Wanna pick up the girls."

"Seriously? You have me all to yourself and you still want the girls?" I say turning to her incredibly offended at the fact she doesn't want to fuck me.

"Okay well damn," she says getting the hint. We got back to our home, I like saying that. Anyway, after struggling getting through the door with the tree, we finally made it inside.

"So foreplay or you just wanna get straight into it?" she asked as I'm taking off all my jewelry.

"Babe just-" a yelp leaves my mouth as she pulls me from my waist to the bed, throwing me. She gets on top of me, holding my hands above my head.

---
Dylan's love has brought me more joy than I've ever felt. It's so hard to explain, but I've never been loved like this. Her warm hugs, soft kisses, gentle smiles, and constant reminders of my beauty are what make me love her the most. I love to facts she's able to give my daughters the same love. Her only focus is not just on me but on my daughters too.

Despite Dylan's childhood, she can still love. She knows how, which she says is because of me. She and I have had discussions about each other and our relationship.

It's different but, I like this different. Past relationships weren't like this. Before Dylan, I dated a girl. She was kind to me but not my kids. She always seemed to put me before them. I guess it makes sense, they aren't her kids. It was the way she did it, she didn't recognize them and always asked me to take them to my parents so we could have sex.