𝟒

The day before Donye Summer championship game, Dante gotta unex-pected visit from his P

The day before Donye Summer championship game, Dante gotta unex-pected visit from his P.O. while he was out at work, and gotta call from Inala about it. He had to borrow Sal's truck just to be there while she looked around his mother's house for anything illegal, her normal walk through. He sat on the arm rest of the couch, listening to the floor creak under Tasha's feet.

Inala leaned on him, with her arm resting around his shoulder. The steps nearing had them both turning their heads in unison and Tasha was coming out the doorway. "Things all clear here," she told him.

"Good. Could we do this when I don't have to borrow somebody car and I'm not in the middle of a shift?"

"So get a set schedule," Tasha told him dismissively.

Dante wanted to say a smart remark, but he had to focus on getting per-mission from her to attend his son's final game of the summer. "I'll consider that. Listen, I wanted to ask you if I could go out to Idabel for my son's championship game. It's the last one of the summer—"

"You do know that's outta range, Dante."

"I know that, but I ain't goin' without asking. I'm humbling myself and asking as a grown man if I can go to my son's game when I coulda just dipped off wit out sayin' nothin. Like you said, I'm takin' accountability and accepting my situation as it is. This my son's game."

Tasha looked at him, and takes a breath. "Who are you going with?"

"My mom, my niece here, and I'm riding wit my girl; my baby mama, Camila Parish. She squeaky clean."

"That's what they all say—" she started, but cut off by Inala.

"My Auntie make six figures and own a business that give healthy meal prep to old folks. She clean," she gives a quick resume of her aunt smartly. If her uncle couldn't retort the way he wanted, Inala most definitely would with her sass.

Dante smirked as Tasha glanced to Inala. The fifteen-year-old stared stoically and the parole officer chuckles softly. "And still, I will determine that. I'll do a background check later on and that's when I'll give you an answer."

Dante stood to walk Tasha to the door, and watch her leave in her car. "She's a real bitch. I don't know how you deal," she expressed.

"Trust me, if I had a choice, she wouldn't be near my life. But check you out havin' unc back and shit," he grins impressively as he fist pumps her, and Inala playfully rolled her eyes, "What you bout to do?

"Was gonna eat snacks, and binge watch OITNB," she told him, and the abbreviations confused him.

"OITNB?"

"Orange is the New Black," she said with a chuckle.

      "Where yo' friends at girl?"