𝟑𝟑

On that Friday was the Thunder versus the Chicago Bulls and Dante was in attendance with Donye and Inala

On that Friday was the Thunder versus the Chicago Bulls and Dante was in attendance with Donye and Inala. His best friend, Evan, was able to get the all-access passes and received a tour of the PayCom Center by the general manager himself, Sam Preston, getting taught the NBA team's history and meet the staff. At first, Donye was in his funk, until he got to meet the head coach and shoot hoops with the Thunder players.

      Dante was surprised how many of players knew who he was; majority even being fans of the skill he and his late brother possessed. He was aware all of the games and out-of-state tournaments were televised but with that being over eleven years ago, Dante figured every one forgot and moved on. He realized today that it was untrue.

      If the hundreds of thousands followers, full DMs, and unauthorized documentaries about him wasn't enough to tell him he was still somebody, today at the arena definitely did.

      Once the eight p.m. game started, Dante sat court side with Donye and Inala in all-black outfits. The father and son wore fleece crewneck sweatshirts and cargo pants with clean white AF1s, while Inala sported an oversized flannel tunic under their schools varsity jacket, ripped knee skinny jeans, and black and white low dunks with her hair in a half-up half-down bun and stud earrings.

      Dante and his son sat with their identical postures of leaning back with their arms crossed and in a manspread, focusing attentively on the game, while Inala ate on her Sour Patch Kids.

      During the halftime, Dante felt the nudge on his knee.

      "We on the Jumbotron," Donye said.

      Collective gazes in the audience was fixated on the large screen. Dante looked up to his son and niece pointing at her at her varsity jacket to rep the school and calling it the best. Dante simply smiled, giving the camera a salute.

      The striking resemblance that the three have had the audience amazed at how much they lookalike. Women seeing a grown Dante White in the flesh and not by his attractive mugshot floating on social media, they wanted to jump his bones despite his past.

      After the camera went onto the celebrity look-a-like segment, Dante chose that time to take them to grab snacks and drinks.

      "I know I get upset," Donye started, walking with them toward the food area. "Just not wanting my skill to go to waste and die out. But Ima do what you said, put my anger into practicing. I'm not gon' take the easy way out."

      Dante nodded, appreciating his son's realization; which was the plan. "That's why I wanted to bring you here to let you see that any level you get to, it's gon' always a process. Def glad you had that hour to talk to the coach so he can show you everything strategic. You just gotta get out yo' head. That's where me and yo' uncle fucked up. Learn from us and not mimic it." he pulled his son in by his shoulder, "Ya dig, li'l nigga?"