𝟐𝟑

WAS IT ALL going too good too fast?

The only question clouding her mind the hour drive to Springfield. Zura was a person that wanted to control everything but a baby was out of her control. The same woman that already carried his kid and carrying another one; was out of her control. It was out of her grasp and she didn't know exactly how to feel about it.

Getting cheated on, Zura was an expert with that. She'd pop up with someone new and wait on Cory to be crawling at her door.

But dealing with someone that has a baby on the way with their baby mother was out of her range. She was conflicted with her feelings. Her replace-not-chase mentality completely vanished and she felt stuck on stupid for Dante White.

Zura realized her driver pulling in front of her brownstone and lifted up. After thanking her driver, she stepped out with her house keys and up her stoop. Before she could even unlock the door, it was yanked open by her sisters, Aviona and Hope, standing on the other end.

"Where the hell have you been!?" her sisters hassled her immediately.

Zura through them without a word, too late at night to deal with them and their questions on top of the news.

Somehow Zura managed to shower and throw away the cheap outfit before curling up in her bed. She totally forgot about her sisters being there; until her was busted into and they were joining her on her bed. Aviona sat beside her and Hope took a place at her feet.

"So..?" Aviona asked, pulling the cover off Zura's face.

"What?"

"What?" Hope repeated, frowning. "You didn't answer your phone all day. Then when you do, the conversation short and still ain't tell us who you were with or where. So act like you confused some more," she swatted Zura's foot.

Zura rolled her eyes as she sat up, then giving them the full rundown. .

"You were in Garden Oaks?" Aviona asked after receiving the whole story. The frown on her face was... snobbish.

Zura started to respond but Hope cut her off, "We're not just bouta past by the fact that guy has a baby on the way. Not with just anybody—his babymama!"

"Yeah, you can not fuck with him anymore," Aviona stated. "Whose to say he not lying about when the baby was conceived? Niggas like to lie! Rich ones and poor ones. And I've been in that position before. He was still fucking her. I mean, who else can she fuck while pregnant? She gotta get her needs met somehow."

"And by someone," Hope added, "Gotta cut that shit off. Save yourself the heartbreak, Zura."

"He's really a good person..." Zura defended Damien.