𝟑𝟔

"Ahhhh, sookie sookie now!" he said, walking into Syn's bedroom

"Ahhhh, sookie sookie now!" he said, walking into Syn's bedroom. Dante adopted a smile on his full, thick lips, in complimenting his mother's currently look in front of his eyes.

      Outside of her usual jeans and nice top, Syn draped herself that into a Zara midi dress in satin fabric with a draped neckline and spaghetti straps. The dress accentuated every curve her thick form possessed. Her thick and healthy tresses, medium-length, voluminous and curly. The accessories was light, a double wrap watch and earrings. Her melanin-rich skin glowed naturally with mascara and eyeliner to make her gentle brown eyes. She was barefoot, still deciding between two pairs of heels.

      Syn smiled, doing a full circle spin. "Momma looking good huh?"

      "Yeah," he plopped down on her king-size bed hidden and leaned back into the pillows and headboard. "I would say something about that low open back, but you grown."

      "Yes. Yes I am," she said.

      "Where you going?"

      "Blind date Lore set up for me." Syn rolled her eyes softly, "She been tryna get me out the house and with a man, so I finally accepted."

      His brow raised. "Do she know him?"

      "Yeah she do," she answered. "The date on this side of town, so that's good and tell me he's a northeast baby too."

      "Good, just in case I gotta roll up and choke a nigga out." he chuckled with her but he was serious. "Go in wit a open mind though and don't be tryna keep him away from me. I ain't the son that's gon' try to run em away. As long as he respect and protect you, he got my respect and blessing and allat shit."

      "Aww," Syn pouted playfully. "What about with Moo and Ye?"

      "Now them; they a different story." The two laughed again. "Them two don't play allat fuckin' wit they Gammy."

      "Yeah, well, they better get out of it. Gammy need love, too."

      "Ooookay. Ima act like I ain't hear allat." Dante said as his phone rung. He pulled it out just to suck his teeth.

      Syn noticed the annoyance on his face. "Chick you don't want to talk to?"

      "It's Zura." He told her, declining the her incoming call. "She been calling me back to back for three days. Yesterday she texted me that we need to talk but I'm just really not fuckin' wit it right now."

      "Need to talk?" Syn repeated, taking a seat at the foot of her king bed to slip on her heels. "About what?"

"I don't know," he shrugged behind her, "I haven't seen miss lady in three, damn near four weeks. She just start this blowing me up shit the other day. I told her we needed a break."