𝟏𝟒

Jazz music played low and appropriate around the dimly lit bar inside the luxurious hotel

Zura sat poised, right leg crossed over the left one and offering a clear view of her thigh. As much as Dante wanted to glance at the exposed skin he just knew was smooth, but he was keep-ing his respectful gaze above her neck and steadily on her gorgeous face. She rolls her finger around the rim of the wine glass with her gaze somehow on his fingernails holding the whisky glass of his go-to brown liquor—Hennessy. It was a alcohol he can control his intox-ication, and be present for Zura even while getting a buzz as well.

Zura took in the fact his fingernails were well-groomed, clean—the ultimate turn-on aside from his handsome looks. "Your nails are clean," she stated.

Dante glanced at his fingernails. "Expect 'em dirty cause Ima hood dude?"

"Not at all," she clarified, "Just not many men care about fingernail care; thinking it's a feminine act."

"Thank my niece. She do nails and shit; be getting me right."

Zura had a feeling he was referring to his deceased twin's daughter. The world knew about The White Twins being teen fathers. "Ima have to see how well she can do. She have a Instagram?"

"Yeah; 𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬. She make press-ons, and allat."

"Let me do this before we continue," Zura pulled her phone out her clutch, going directly to Instagram, and looking up the username. She scrolled the busi-ness account with a little bit over a thou-sand followers with a flood of her nail work. She was impressed by the press-on designs—the style coming back into life. She hit the follow button before locking her phone and putting it away. "Her works amazing."

"And she would be appreciative of that," he said. "Can we just burst the bubble crowding you and me?"

"And what would that be, Mr. White?" Zura lifted her glass to her lips, sipping her wine softly.

"You following me on Instagram," Dante brings up, and Zura choked a bit with her inward chuckle. "Yeah. Saw a follow back instead of a follow. Care to explain to me why that was, Ms. Blaze?"

"Well, if you must know..." Zura cleared her throat, "I had a tiny crush on you and your brother back in the day. I loved sports of any kind and you two attracted me to basketball. Seeing boys my age, from the same no-mans land, country state, and beyond talented for their age. Y'all were amazing. Ball hogs, but amazing."

Dante laughed lightly with Zura. "Has that changed—being Ima felon?"

"The crush isn't as school-girl as it used to be..." she clarified, "But I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to the man you are today. You're sexy."