𝟏𝟑

"𝘖𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘎𝘰𝘥, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦?"      "𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴"      "𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵?"      "𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦!"      "𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘰!"

      "𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴"
      "𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵?"
      "𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦!"
      "𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘰!"

      Dante was running a little behind, making him the last person to swagger his way down the purple carpet, quickly regretting the fact he was in that position because the flood of press was solely focused on him, and that's far from what he wanted. His release was private—not nationwide news the way his arrest was eleven years ago, and that's the way he wanted to keep that. But he had to come support his son by any means.

      Dante was just preparing himself mentally to be yet another hot topic intertwined with the popular Gala.

      Dante ignored the whispers and flashing cameras with his sole focus was getting outta that spotlight and inside. He was used to his city or the state as a whole not being a hot spot for paparazzi and press, but anything involving the Blaze surname brought out every kinda press, even from outta the country.

      The Blaze's were a household name, and everyone wanted to be involved.

      His body spray surrounded his black-on-black dapperly dressed person as he walked into the extravagant space of purple, gold, and white decor. Dante heard about the events, even invited to one—his arrest taking that away—and now he was standing in one in real time for his son. If he couldn't have this, he was thankful it was given to Donye. It would keep those peer pressuring streets outta the fifteen-year-olds vision, and solely focused on ball and school an hour outside of the city.

      Dante refused to watch his son make the same mistakes he did. If anything, he would take that penitentiary to prevent that from happening, or do for him.

      Just like on the purple carpet walk inside, Dante felt eyes stilled on him. With him already looking around for his son and Camila, he found the six pair of eyes looking his way under the appropriately dim lightning with a hue of purple, and one he recognized while the other two prominent figures he weren't figure wit, but by the way they eyed him, Dante knew they knew him.

      He disregarded the men, though. Dante focus was on Zura and taking in her being. They way the silk dress clung to her with the thigh split on her right leg giving a peak of her slender and tone thigh. This was his first time seeing her hair up and not covering her slim and elegant neck, showing more of her sexy face—it was a sight to see and one he appreciated to see.

      The microphone feedback averts the guest's attention to the stage with the spotlight set on the host. "At this time we're gonna have everyone take their seats..." Aviona instructed, and everyone started to separate to their name plated tables, and Dante looked at the tables near the stage knowing those were ass-igned to Blaze family and their reci-pients, and luckily he spotted Donye's tall frame, pulling out the chair for his mother.