𝟗

"You are specially invited to the fiftieth Annual 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚 after personally being handpicked by CEO Zelle Blaze

"You are specially invited to the fiftieth Annual 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚 after personally being handpicked by CEO Zelle Blaze. This August 1st, grace us with your presence at the black-tie event. Welcome, Donye." He read to his father over the video call gracing the screen of Dante's new iPhone 14 that Camila decided to purchase for him days ago as a surprise.

      "It's metal, too," Donye resumes, tapping the card on the nightstand beside him. "And they sent this little thing. I don't know what it is."

      Dante eyed the solid gold feather lapel pin Donye showed him. "It go on yo suit. Which you gotta get soon. That Gala just a few days away."

      "Yeah I know," Dante exhaled, "Mama taking me to this tailor shop on the north. Ima save getting my haircut for the day before. Get me right. I'm bouta be the best lookin' ya dig!"

      "Thanks to me," Dante said.

      "I mean, you aight. But me, I mean look at me," Donye flexed, rubbing his face as Dante laughed.

      "Man, that baby face!"

      "Nah I'm growing in a li'l stache." Donye leaned closer to the camera to show the thin hair above his lip, "Ima have a full one and chin hair by next year. I'm claiming that now."

      "I believe it."

      "You comin' to the Gala? I can bring two people, and I want those two guests to be my parents. It's in the city, so you don't have to worry about asking your P.O." Donye informed him.

      "I wouldn't miss that moment."

      "Cool. You can come to the tailor store wit me and Mama."

      Dante didn't want to tell his son he couldn't afford to buy a pricey suit, but he would at least go to support. "I got you. Y'all already getting ready?"

      "I'm ready. Mama in the shower. I'll text you when we on the way cause you know how long she take."

      Dante chuckles, "I already know. Just hit me. Love you, Ye boy."

      "Love you, Pops," Ye replied before their FaceTime ends.

      "DT!" he heard his mother holler from the other room, and he instantly hopped out his bed, going to her.

"Yeah, Ma?"

      "You got some mail on the table," Syn told him from the kitchen, and he halted from passing by the dining room table and picked up the envelope.

      Dante opened it up with his finger, pulling out the paper, and unfolded it. His gaze scanned over the words, until he made it to the three digit number. He whoops, and danced into the kitchen.