𝟑𝟐

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝟏𝟏:𝟐𝟏 𝐀𝐌

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝟏𝟏:𝟐𝟏 𝐀𝐌

      For thirteen long hours Zura eyes glued to her cell phone. Throughout the holiday over her grandfather's that was her sole focus, on Dante responding, and he never did but seen the text. It was now midnight, the holiday officially over, and her cell phone still in her left hand. The only difference was Zura within her two-level penthouse away from Springfield.

      The large living room had dimmed light. The crisp white walls and marble white floors that offered a bright space once the sun was its brightest in the sky within the cotton-like clouds. Oversize artwork hung high and leveled with the second floor. The windows were square shaped and wide, offering the beautiful view of Downtown Oklahoma City. The sectional was large, soft gray and velvet fabric full with big pillows that matched the color scheme surrounding the over size concrete coffee table.

      Zura lounged in the corner of the right facing U sectional sofa, nursing a wine glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. The text thread was on her screen so long it went completely black. She tightened a hold around her phone before sending it across the room and breaking it against the wall. The pieces of glass shattered onto the marble floor followed by the stainless steel body. She tossed back the little wine in her glass, while raising up to reach for the wine bottle on the table just to find out it was empty.

      Sucking her teeth, standing off the couch with and taking her glass and the bottle with her on her strides to the bar. The bar was mid-size, contemporary, and u-shaped glass shelves of every kind of hard liquor. She threw the bottle into the built-in waste bin at the white bar. She wanted hard liquor, but that would have her speeding to Garden Oaks to disrupt everyone's sleep by banging on the door to force Dante back in her life and make a fool out of herself.

      So instead, Zura opted for a different bottle of red wine to keep her more on the mellow side and act a fool under her own roof. Chateau Le Pin was her next choice this go round, the 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓 Bordeaux Blend. Holding the glass by its stem, she poured the deep ruby-purple contents to the half mark. The symphony of aromas flowed through her nostrils. She lifted the glass to her mouth, and taking a gulp of the ripe black fruits dancing happily on her tongue. She exhaled, and taking the bottle with her straight up into her bedroom.

      The Chateau Le Pin was sat on the marble modern dresser before her feet took her to the master bath. The cool on the white limestone floor shots a chill up her body that she ignored. Sipping on the red wine, she sat on the tufted beach seating across from the crisp white sink with the cabinets underneath open. The light inside illuminated on the portable freezer. What sat beside it was what let her know she was about to do something next level insane.

      Her browns was in a trance on the items, thinking back on her conversation with her childhood friend.

      "You're the only person I know that actually got to fuck your child crush," Bethenny Thorne spoke over the phone from her Upper Manhattan condo.