𝟓

𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳

𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳

      An Apple iPad was placed on top of the desk with a smooth black stain over American oak wood veneer, and avert the dark brown gaze off the screen of the computer and to the electronic device. The mahogany beauty leaned back in her Victoria Beckham dress, and trailed the manly athletic build rocking a violet performance polo shirt and grey chino shorts. His cologne lingered, adding to his load of caramel handsomeness.

      His eyebrows were thick over those hooded brown eyes, and a full trimmed beard that was healthy and held a shine to it around his full, juicy lips. He was the Head Coach of the basketball team at the private athletic school, and a familiar person in her life—professionally and personally. His 360 waves had a fresh fade, and the single gold chain around his fully tatted neck.

      "Gonna tell me what this is, or we gonna keep talking with our eyes?"

      "Read it," he gestured, and took a brief seat on her desk; however the brow raise she gave him made him sit in the Macie Swivel Chair from Zuri Furniture, "Don't give me that eye."

      Zura picked up the 𝘈𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦 device, showing the state's number one sports coverage outlet, Sooner Athletics site on the screen. The headline—𝐈𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝐎𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭.

      "Cory—"

      "I meant read past the headline," he cut her off, knowing her very well.

      Zura groaned softly, and skimmed her gaze over the article. She read over how the sports journalist spoke highly on one kid that made Varsity his first year of high school, and throughout middle school he attended tournaments that Sooner Athletics would televise and he won several trophies for. She was impressed by his stats that young, and read on. It was when she came across '𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦' that she paused.

      "Dante White as in—"

      "One of White Twins," Cory cut in, "and yes, one of the Assailant Quad."

      Zura used to be a basketball fanatic, and the White Twins tournament photos were even hung on her bedroom walls; she knew every stat, every skill, and the twin's handshake they would do after every successful play. She even planned her career to one day become the twins physical therapist in the NBA. But once one twin lost his life and the other went to prison, Zura replaced that crush with her own focus on college and embarked her journey in sports medicine.

      Zura was a successful physical therapist with the Golden State Warriors, until three years ago to work with her family's boarding school.

      "That last part doesn't bother me. However, it will bother is my father."

      "That's why I had to bring it to you first. You know what a good player look like, and he'll hear you better."