𝟐𝟗

"𝐈𝐌 twenty minutes out," her naturally sultry voice spoke out his phone as he zipped his suitcase

      With the AMAS in two days, Zura convinced Dante to make it a full week-end trip to sightsee around Los Angeles, and he was open to it since he haven't been out of Oklahoma in eleven years. "Aight, I'm ready you just gotta let me know once you outside."

      "I will. See you soon." Zura responded before they hung up.

      Once parking his suitcase by the door, Dante's long legs dragged him straight to the kitchen with the water running. Standing ahead sink peeling the last boiled egg, Syn glanced over at his entrance. "What you makin lady?"

      "Moo some damn potato salad," she answered and putting the boiled egg in plastic bowl on the counter.

      "Potato salad?" he repeated with a chuckle. "Thanksgiving in a few days."

      "You know she spoiled." Syn shook her head at herself with amusement. She cut off the faucet, pulling off a few paper towels to dry hands.

      "That she is. Ain't nothin' wrong wit it." Dante said, leaning on the counter and watching his mother start the steps of making potato salad. "Where she at? Have y'all talked lately?"

      "We talk everyday," she said.

      "I know. I'm sayin' a real, you know, girl-talk." Dante replied, making Syn stare over her shoulder with question.

      Putting down the masher, Syn faced him. "She tell you something I don't know?"

      "Nah.." he said, "Not necessarily."

      "You bouta make me go stop her nail appointment out there," Syn warned.

      "Don't do that." Dante sighed, pausing her strides, "She fifteen, Mama. By that age, me and Dame was already parents. I'm not sayin' she havin' sex but you do need to have that conversation. You didn't wit me and Damien; we just did it. I know she got her aunties, but you basically her Mama. The convo need to be had and you need to go into it with an open mind."

      "I know about sex. Why would I not go in with a open mind?" Syn asked, her brow lifting questionable.

      At that very moment, Dante realized Inala hadn't mentioned her sexuality to her, which meant him walking in on her and Janelle wasn't told either. He left it in his niece's hands to tell Syn because it was her situation to tell.

      "You was raised in a generation where everything was a sin and closed minded to everything else. It's not yo' fault, it's what you was taught but views are different now. Just when y'all talk once I'm gone, remember what I'm telling you." Dante said instead not wanting to feel as if he was outing Inala.