Act 2 | Year 2022: Being 'normal' for once

March 2022,

A month had passed. Yet everything felt it was fast. All of us were readying ourselves for our next comeback on May. This comebacks main track will be of an EDM song, fast and catchy to make sure it attracts people's attraction.

Me: Morning Mr. Kim. A bit cold yeah? Here's a coffee for you.

I smiled to the bus driver as I greeted him. Brought with me was a coffee that I gave to Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim was an old man, in his 60's that drove the bus around my area. He was a kind and soft spoken person that I really enjoyed talking to during my time as a trainee.

Mr. Kim: Good morning Killian-ssi. Ah thank you kind man. But really, you don't have to.

Me: I insist. We've known each other for years now.

Mr. Kim smiled as I took the seat near the door. It was a chilly morning. Spring was about to come full blast yet I was still enjoying the cool breeze.

Mr. Kim: I'm surprise you still take the public transport. Aren't you an idol now Killian? Even my granddaughter is a fan of you.

I chuckled at the statement. It was true. Even after debuting last year, I still took the public transports like the bus or train. It made headlines in the news from Dispatches photos of me in the public.

It was met with various reactions, some were worried about my safety and some commend my actions to take the public transport like normal people. To be honest, I just like riding public transports. Plus, I was raised by a humble man. Even if I racked billions, my late dad always taught me to remember my roots.

Me: Yes I am. Yet, I'm also a human being first. I want to experience what a normal person feel.

Mr. Kim: But won't you get mobbed? Because I've listened to the radio everyday and they always tell me that idols always need protection from fanatic fans.

Me: True. But I trust my fans enough not to disturb my personal space. Because I'm actually fine if a fan came up to me to talk or take a picture. Isn't that right miss?

I turned my head to see a young woman in her 20's was recording me with her hand shaking. The bus was currently empty knowing that it wasn't peak hours. So it was just me and the bus driver alongside the lady.

Miss A: I-I'm sorry! It's just I-I'm a big fan! And I don't know how to interact with people!

I chuckled at her behaviour as I moved to her side. Clearly not ready for my action, she turned to the side as she hid her face from me.

Miss A: O-Oh my god. You're more handsome in real life.

Me: Miss? Is it okay if I call you that?

I laughed heartily as the lady turned around slowly to look at me with her hands on her mouth.

Miss A: I-I'm a big fan pre-debut. E-Ever since your introduction film came out. It was l-love at first sight when I-I look into your eyes. Oh my god your eyes are so gorgeous. C-Can we take a picture please!?

She ended with a high squeak voice which made she turned into a tomato. Smiling at her reaction, I nodded before she grabbed her phone and took a picture.

*Click!

Mr. Kim: Killian-ssi, it looks like it's your stop. Say hi to Liz for me. I hope she's studying well.

Apparently, I have arrived at my stop. It was outside near my sister's school. Since today I was free, I want to surprise my sister from picking her up from school and treat her to ice cream. Nodding at him, I stood up before waving at the lady who was clearly trying to calm herself down.