Act 4 | Year 2024: Artists for Healing

August 2024,

Do you know what separates Babylon Garden aside from the other artists? It is the fact that our group focuses on the youth and the problems that arise in the society. Apart from your typical love songs, we tackle the challenges that we faced in our everyday lives.

That's why our newest album Endeavour became the talk of the country. Our newest album was the first album that was talking outside of the 'romance' genre. Idol tackles the living life as an idol. Not Today was a song about not giving up even when we were losing. The same goes for ON where the song describes the feeling of unwavering courage to move on past any challenges.

But, the main highlight of the album was Black Swan. I wrote it during the night when I was sitting at a park alone. That day, a news broke the country how certain artists now are 'lazy' to not perform as enthusiasts as the other members.

Most of them talk that they are not feeling well, from being sick, don't have motivation etc.. But from myself, they lost the fire burning within. Whether you like it or not, it was your duty to repay the fans back with 100%. As a kpop idol myself, I feel like the moment I lost my motivation, it will be considered as my first death. 

And that death was the hardest.

Therefore, I wrote it. The fear of losing that fire to perform even for one more time. The song resonates a lot with artists from all over the world. More so when studies were made to understand the deeper meaning of the song. What made it funny (?) I would say that a certain artist appeared on TV telling the whole world that she was an ANGEL.

Jimmy:  Jenna I want to ask you about this because I read this online that you're a big fan of this band. What is the name of the band?

Jenna: Babylon Garden <3

I chuckled myself onto the screen. I was currently inside my room, opening up youtube. Apparently, I got tagged on a tweet saying a certain artist is a big fan of Babylon Garden. I clicked the link and here I was chuckling at a certain Jenna Ortega.

Jenna: I became their fan ever since their debut <3

Jimmy: Do you have a song that I should download on my playlist?

Jenna: Oh I love them all but... If I have to choose it would be Black Swan. It's in their latest album. It's very meaningful. You guys have to check it out.

She then explained how as an artist herself, it deepens her connection with us. She too once felt that she was afraid that one day she will lose her passion in acting. And with Black Swan, it acts as a reminder for her to be her best in her career. It's funny how a song that was different in language managed to capture people's hearts.

Jimmy: So who's your bias? And how did you get into Babylon Garden?