Act 9 | Year 2029: Memories Rekindled

May 2029,

When people say memories stay, only the soul passed on. I believe that everyone had once felt that way one way or another. Today marks one of those days. Because currently I'm at the old PLEDIS buildings. Where everything started.

Rose: Baksu! Seventeen right here!

Minjeong: Rose... You've been singing to this song for a whole year now...

Rose: But mom! This song is such a bop!

Minjeong: Since when you use those kind of slangs young woman?

Rose really loved 'Clap' from Seventeen sunbaenims comeback in 2017. That was more than a decade ago. Reasons why she kinda played with my Spotify playlist once we were on a roadtrip for the three of us. She played one of the old playlist that I had and since then cannot stop listening.

Rose: Dad, we can finally see your old room right? I can't really remember how it was back then. I was still smol.

Me: Yeah. You can also see the infamous green room that SEVENTEEN and Babylon Garden used before.

Rose's bias from SEVENTEEN was Vernon hyung. Since she was little, she always gravitated to Vernon hyung and always like to stick to him whenever she was at SEVENTEEN's dorm. And now, she kinda went from the kid that Vernon babysit to his number one fan.

Speaking of SEVENTEEN, Dino hyung had started to date Yeri noona at the beginning of the year with many fans celebrated the union. It's funny how the youngest had started dating followed by the others. Joshua hyung is currently dating a model. What's more shocking to know that Wonwoo hyung is dating Seulgi noona but they kept it a secret at the moment.

I'm sure most of them are starting to get into their personal dating lives. They all deserve everything.

Me: Wanna know something Rose? Your mother used to buy me snacks at that exact convenience store. You know what she would buy?  Instant ramen. Even with all the money she's racking debuting a year prior. She only bought instant noodle for your poor old dad.

Minjeong: Hey! At least finish the story! I bought eggs, chicken and spring onion and cooked it manually!

Rose always found it funny to see Minjeong and I bicker like a married couple.

Rose: You two should get married now.

Minjeong/Me: We know.

+X+

Me: Woah

Me: Woah... Stepping foot here again after for so many years... It felt like an eternity.

Minjeong: I remember when you five were dancing for your upcoming debut. Time flies so fast.

Me: Yeah. This exact room was filled with many memories. Ah! Even the marks are still here.

I crouched down to a section on the floor. It had a burnt mark that I remembered Jaewoo toppled on his footing and sent a hot kettle on the floor. I rubbed it again and felt the rough texture that made realize this place hold a big memory.