Part 27

A few weeks later, after the cruise and their trip to Florida, it was time for the girls to start school again and for things to get back to normal.

Once everyone was dressed and ready, they were all in the kitchen.

"I can't find my pencil case" Abigail said

"Did you look in your backpack?" Rory asked

"No"

"Look in your backpack" Rory said.

"Do I have to sit with the high school kids at lunch, or can I sit with my friends?" Amelia asked. While she was about to start high school, her friends that were her age were starting 6th grade.

"I think you're allowed to sit with whoever you want" Logan said

A little while later Rory left for work and Logan took the girls to school before going to work himself.

"Cody, I need copies of all the contracts" Logan said

"When?" Cody asked

"As soon as you can get them to me" He said as he continued through the office. "Heather, can you please send me the reports from the Stamford paper when you get a chance?"

"Just let me finish this and I'll send it"

"No problem"

——

"Don't put that there" Rory said. "Move it somewhere else and put Steve's article in its place"

"Where do you want me to move it?" Sarah asked. "There isn't really a better placement"

"So leave it out. We'll put it in tomorrow Wednesday's issue" Rory said. Before anyone else could say anything Rory's cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket to see who it was and immediately she got nervous. Less than an hour into the first day of school and she's already getting calls from them. "Keep working on this" she said. "I'll be right back" she stepped into her office and answered the phone. 10 minutes later she walked back over to where she was working with Sarah before.

"Everything ok?" Sarah asked. She and Rory were friends. She had a son Abigail's age and a daughter Amelia's age.

"Avery is hysterical because for some reason she things that we sent her to kindergarten and we're never coming to pick her up" Rory said. "As if she hadn't been in preschool or daycare for her entire life"

"The first day of school is going well then" Sarah chuckled.

"At least it wasn't about Amelia" Rory said. She was very worried about Amelia being in high school.

"Worried?"

"About my 11 year old going into high school? Why would I be worried?" Rory said, sarcastically

"Point taken"

"Yeah" Rory sighed. "Alright, let's get back to this"

7 hours later Rory walked into Avery's kindergarten classroom.

"Mama!" Avery to Rory and hugged her