Chapter 3. Helluva Boredom

At the same time in Hell...

*Camera flies over streets of a normal city, except everything was red: dozens of buildings all around, stores, clubs and roads with rare cars racing back and forth. Slowly approaching one exact building, which looks like an office center, with a parking in front of the entrance. After a closer look we can see a corridor with lots of doors. It's definitely an office complex.*

Elevator made an annoying sound and the doors opened slowly. It was quite deserted here for a Monday's morning. Someone left the elevator and went her way to one of the doors. It was a wolf-like hellhound with light grey fur, dark grey ears, both-colored bushy tail and red eyes, glowing in the dark. She was wearing pair of black shorts with crescent moon symbol on them, slate-colored (grey-blue) crop-top and black leather collar with spikes on her neck. Black fingerless leather gloves on her hands and tights on her legs finished her appearance and made it easy to understand she was into goth.

She found the right door and took a bunch of keys from her backpack. Then she started choosing the right one, mumbling, while trying one key after another:

???: Fuck you, Blitz, I told you to mark it thousand times or more...

She felt angry, as it was fourth wrong key, the girl kicked the door and growled:

???: THE FUCK! How about opening already?!

The sixth one was the right. She opened the door with a clicking sound and went inside, turned on the lights. The girl moved directly to the desk with a phone on it and an office chair with spikes (of course, it's Hell) behind the desk. She threw her backpack nearby. After a few moments she moved to the small office kitchen and took a can of soda from the fridge.
Then sat at her desk and prepared for the most boring day ever.

Her name's Loona and she's a receptionist at IMP, which states for Immediately Murder Professionals — a small company, which took orders from other demons to kill anyone in the living-realm in order to revenge or just because money talks. Loona usually took the orders and opened the portal to the living realm for the other three: Blitzo (O is silent) - Loona's stepfather and boss of IMP and M&M (Moxxie and Millie) - a married couple, who work as killers and took part in assaults together with Blitzo.

This time all the three were on a long mission, which started on Sunday. Blitzo was grumbling about his ruined weekend but client needed target cleared immediately. Well, it looked like mission dragged on. Blitzo called Loona several times and told her everything was OK, so she just spent her time at office, waiting for other orders and pranking some callers on the phone. Loona was surprised, because the three still hadn't come back:

Loona: They're dead or something?.. The second day have started already... Anyway...

Loona was scrolling her phone, trying to kill time. It was her usual activity. It was always boring during the work day, but when she couldn't throw Moxxie out of the window or spill a coffee on him, the day was even more dull. A few hours passed like that. Loona got the message, she saw it was from Vortex - another hellhound, a friend of her, who Loona had crush on before.

Vortex: Hey, Loo, how u doing?

Loona: Fine, normal, and you?

V: Everything ok, Bee and I visited Lust Ring yesterday and had some time there at one of Valentino's clubs. Good time for sure

Loona: Wow, cool, really

Vortex: Well, I've just wanted to invite you to a party  in two weeks. Bee's arranging it in Gluttony Ring, she said she would really like you to come

Loona: Thanks, I'll try to turn up

Vortex: Cool. It was nice to hear from you. Bye then

Loona: Bye

Loona put her phone away, rolled her eyes and sighed:

-Aaahhh... I can't visit that party again...

After visiting the previous one, she felt really miserable. She was quite jealous of Bee, who was Vortex's girlfriend and party arranger. On the other hand, their first meeting was a good one and they even made friends. All in all, Bee was a good person, at least for Hell.

The time was moving slowly, too slowly. Loona visited Octavia's profile in Voxtagram only to see her friend was offline. Octavia Goetia was the only one friend of Loona, they made friends a few months ago, when Loona helped Blitzo and Octavia's dad, Stolas to find the girl. She finally found Octavia and after a short conversation they made friends and watched a starfall together.

* * *

The whole day passed like that. Loona had finished the seventh can of soda, when it was time to go home. Two days passed since Blitzo, Moxxie and Millie went on their mission. The hellhound closed the office and went home. She had a little chat with Octavia and then fell asleep.