C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

_________________________________________

Y / N P O V

Meliodas went up to the ring for his fight and he was up against the old man who defeated King. " go avenge me captain! " King yelled " do it yourself " Meliodas simply replied.

" you are Meliodas's son aren't you? " the old man named Cain asked " nope old man, I'm Meliodas " meliodas said " by the way old man how do you know me? " he asked, now I'm curious as well about how he knows Meliodas.

" w-w-what?! there's no way Meliodas is a kid like you! " Cain exclaimed and so Meliodas went on hushing him telling him to keep it down as he was in disguise due to some reason but I'm wondering who he is and Cain his name is familiar as if I've heard that name somewhere, but where.

Suddenly he turned serious as he said something to Meliodas before he started to attack. he went back as he took off his cloak, revealing a very familiar crest on his shirt and he said " I'll never forgive you! " he yelled.

My eyes turned cold, my mind went blank, I went numb then, I felt it all come back like what happened years ago in that kingdom was just yesterday.

It took me a moment to regain myself. " why did you kill all those people?! " the old man said, Cain, I know that name Cain Barzad, a knight from that place. Danafor.

" why did you killed the most important people to you?! " he said as he attacked Meliodas with fire ball who took it all directly not even fighting back, " why did you kill Liz and Y/n ?! " Cain yelled.

" I tried to protect them and I failed, so this time I won't " Meliodas said as he used counter vanish at the last biggest fire ball Cain sent towards him. Cain who started talking about something.

After a little reunion Cain forfeited saying he's gonna enjoy watching the final match, I watch as Meliodas come down from the fighting ring staring right at me, he had this unreadable expression, " you have a long explanation to do once we are back to the traven " he said shortly after he went back to being his goofy self.

And I knew very well it will turn into a fight.

" And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The byzel fighting festival finals! " love helm announced " Time for both contestants to come up to the ring " he called out.

Both Diane and Meliodas were planning on one of them forfeiting but out of nowhere some group of girls started to call out on Meliodas and flirting which I now for sure is Ban's doing.

And of course he got what he wanted, it provoked Diane as she punched Meliodas calling him a womanizer.

I sighed but in any other way its a little advantageous for me if he forgets about what Cain had said about me dying at Danafor with all these events going on, I just hope.

' he surely is fulfiling his overprotective older brother role given by sis ages ago ' I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I felt something coming this way, others noticed as well, Diane and Meliodas noticed as they had stopped fighting, King and Ban went up to the ring to stand beside them.