C H A P T E R T H I R T Y

_________________________________________

Y / N  P O V 

After the attack from Monspeet, the others were having a serious conversation out there but at the moment my curiosity has gotten the best of me. " hey...Hawk mama...are you really okay? " I mumbled to myself. how did she just casually ate that? as if it was food? is she really okay? " I was taken out of my own world of curiosity when Merlin called out to me, " N/n! are you listening? " she asked. " huh? ahh.. sorry I wasn't listening... " I said kind of embarrassed. She sighed. 

" we were talking about changing our destination. " she said, " ohh...so where are we going then? " I asked " To get back my powers " Meliodas said proudly pointing his  thumb at himself. " you had your powers taken away? no wonder you were so weak these days " I said smugly not wanting to boost his ego more than it has already.

" so Merlin, I can get back mine too, right? " I asked her  " yeah both you and Meliodas's powers are there " she replied. " Y/n you too had your power taken by Merlin?! " Hawk asked, pipped everyone's attention. " well not taken, I willingly gave it to her " I said casually. " why?! " they all asked except for Meliodas and Merlin " same reason as Meliodas " I replied, well not a lie but not the whole reason either. They didn't question it any further.

" so where exactly are we going? " I asked Merlin. " the sacred land of durids, the philosophers of the forest. Istar. " she replied. I tched under my breath. I have to go there? I never liked that Zaneri.

-

It was almost evening when we arrived at Istar. I don't wanna go. Meliodas and Elizabeth also Hawk went ahead of us while I went with Merlin and others. I want to go as late as possible. I saw Jenna was having fun with Hawk, I almost laughed before I saw Zaneri. My mood was already sour. I went beside Elizabeth, I knew that woman doesn't like her nor does she likes me, not that i do like her. 

After some greetings, Jenna told us that they knew why we are here. Then Zaneri  turned towards us and said " well then, Meliodas and Y/n, follow me to the tower to my right. " she then looked towards Elizabeth " And you too " she said to her. Her tone to Elizabeth ticked me off but I stayed silent. 

However, it must've been visible on my face that on the way following Zaneri to the tower, Elizabeth who was walking beside me asked " Lady Y/n, is there something wrong? " I just smiled warmly at her " nothing's wrong " I said. 

Meliodas who was walking ahead of us turned to us as he stopped at his tracks for a moment and asked " are both alright? " and Elizabeth replied " y...yes! " then we went inside the tower. Inside the place was really dark. " our powers is inside here? " Meliodas asked referring to both me and himself. 

" yes. you both will be put through a trial, Meliodas, Y/n. whether we return the powers of two of you will depend on the results. " she said. " In other words, we have to pass whatever this trial is, right? " Meliodas asked. " it will be excruciatingly painful. I worry...if you both can endure it " she showed her concern.