C H A P T E R T H I R T T S I X

E L I Z A B E T H P O V

" This is it! Five large glasses of beer! " I said as I served the customers. There was a lot of customers today.

" Customers at table No.3, here you go... Apple-ish pie! Thank you for waiting! " I said as I ran to their table but then I tripped and the apple pie was splashed on to the customers faces.

" Don't worry about us! " One of the customers said " yup! Keep up the great work! " And the other customers said.

" Yes sir! I'll give it my best! " I say as I get up on my feet. Then I went on to make and serve the other orders of the customers along with Hawk.

" Yo! You're awake! " Hawk suddenly said and I looked at where he was looking and saw the Holy knight I saved yesterday as he was unconscious that day.

" You seem much better! " I say to him. All the other customers left as it was time to close the Tavern. I waved at them.

" I ah.. appreciate you saving me..but I must be leaving now... " The holdy knight from yesterday says but then his stomach growls.

I smile and offer him food. I made soup for him. " Please eat! I made this soup! It's my specialty! " I say.

" Th...thank you very much. " He says as he digs in but he spits it out. As I expected it was bad. " Elizabeth is like Meliodas, a genius at making amazingly nasty tasting dishes, unlike Y/n. " Hawk says.

" P-please don't force yourself to finish it all...." I say feeling guilty. " It's fine...now that I know it's disgusting, it's not so bad that I can't eat it. " He said.

" You're pretty rude, by the way Golgius. " Hawk said and he spit out his soup again, this time from shock. " How dare you do that right in someone's face!!" Hawk yelled at him as he cleaned himself.

" You knew who I was. " Golgius said. And hawk smirked as he said proudly " I never forget the odor of someone once I've smelt them. ".

" Then why did you save me? I was your enemy! Don't give me " even if you're our enemy, we couldn't let you continue suffer" gibberish stuff please! " He said.

I couldn't say anything, beacuse that was exactly what I was going to say, I hid my face with the wooded tray in embarrassment. " Looks like you hit the nail on the head. " Hawk said.

" Lord Meliodas would've done the very same thing. " I said. " Hmph. Even if I still get to live, there is just another bad ending awaiting for me. There's nothing that any of us can do now! " He said.

" As long as you're alive, you can always fight to protect others, you can share your suffering and sadness with others." I say as I lowered the tray down from my face, and smiling sadly.

" We are not on the same page. You and I think very differently. The meal sucked, but I appreciate it. Good bye now. " He said before he left the tavern.

I stood there for a while before I set down the tray I was holding and started to go upstairs.

I leaned against the door after I closed it. " You know, Mr. Golgius was just in our shop. Lady Y/n doesn't know him right? He was the one that attacked me and Meliodas along with Hawk at the village bear the baste prison. He was all alone and seemed to be having a tough time. All the other customers also seemed uneasy. But everyone is enduring. So please... Open you eyes you both. " I say.