He's Not Gone, You're Lying

CHAPTER TWENTY
── He's Not Gone, You're Lying !

                                         HARLEY HAD COMPLETELY forgotten that it was the fourth of july, neither one of her parents really tended to spend holidays together. They hadn't had a single Christmas where they were all together so when Lucas suggested that they used the fireworks, Harley couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement flow through her. She had never gotten to see a firework show.

While she enjoyed watching the bright colours explode onto the Mind Flayer. Deep down she was scared── She was scared for Billy, as much as she hated him she couldn't stand to see him like this.

"Flay this you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas yelled throwing another firework at it.

Looking over the edge of the banister to see the firework explode Harley got a good look at Billy's figure walking towards where Eleven was sprawled on the mall floor with a pained expression over her face, Billy's white tanktop completely drenched in sweat and while his veins were pulsating a black fluid.

      Harley's face contorted, panic was shooting through her like a star. She didn't know how much longer the group would be able to keep this up.

                                             This was so much worse than what the group all went through last year.

                     "Hey asshole!" Steve voice echoing through Harley's ears, snapping her out of the trance she was stuck in.  Harley looked towards him as he gained the attention of the Mind Flayer.

                                                         "Over here!" he threw a firework in the direction of it's face, the impact of the colourful explosion making the Mind Flayer screech as the colours reflected onto Harley's green eyes.

  The brown haired girl shivered, she just wanted to live a normal teenage life and she thought she had accomplished that, now look at her── Throwing fireworks into a thirty foot flesh monster.

She was supposed to be spending the summer working in Scoops and spending time with her friends.

                   Harley grabbed one of the firecrackers, bringing the lighter towards the fuse. The orange flame bounced from her eyes as it began to sparkle, Harley wasted no time as she rushed towards the banister and threw the firecracker with as much force as she could muster up.

       Her green eyes scanned over the bottom of the mall looking over it to see Billy facing the Mind Flayer with a broken look over his face as he placed himself directly in front of Eleven; Almost protecting her.

Harley had no idea how Eleven had managed to break the spell the Mind Flayer had over her step brother. It looked as if he was almost fighting with himself, Harley's eyes met Max's.

"What is he doing!" Harley called out towards her younger sister, "I have no idea!" Harley began to panic, neither Billy or Eleven were moving from underneath the towering figure.

"Why aren't they moving?" Matthew questioned, his eyes fixated onto the scene before him.

Harley felt useless, she wanted to help. She needed to help.

"I need to do something," Harley whispered, her feet moving towards the escalator. "Are you insane! You can't go down there!" Steve grabbed the girls wrist tightly.