Ch-27: Welcome Back

The next day came by after the tournament in China, and Killian finally returned back to school as he was doing his usual thing. He met a few people who know him as it was just a simple wave and hello, even his friend Naoto greeted him. 

After one of his classes was over, he started wandering around the halls until he went down the stairs. But that was until he heard two feminine laughs coming down the stairs. Ones that he was familiar with.

Maki: Jeez, Yoshi!

He looked walked downstairs and looked around the corner to see Yoshi and Maki walking alongside together, but there was no Nagatoro with them. He decided to greet both of them and starts walking up on them.

Killian: Hey.

They both turned around and were surprised to see him back in the flesh.

Maki: Paisen! You're alive!

Yoshi: Alive!

Killian: Yes... I am. You thought I was dead or something?

Maki: We haven't seen you in school for a few days. So either you were sick or something bad just happened to you. But it is glad to see you're not dead though.

Yoshi: Not dead.

Killian: Good to see yall too. By the way, where's Toro? I usually see you three together.

Maki: Oh, you wondering about our girl?

Killian: That's why I asked. Is she doing okay?

Yoshi: She told us she's at home today because she caught a cold. But she's doing fine. She'll be back in no time.

Killian: That's good.

Maki: By the way, do you know where she lives?

Killian: No-- well, yes actually. I forgot for a second.

Maki: In that case, take this.

Maki pulls out some paper from her bag and hands them over to Killian.

Maki: Make sure to hand these over to her, 'kay.

Killian: Uh... sure.

Maki: Cool. Thanks, Paisen. Also, welcome back.

Yoshi: Welcome!

They both walked away, and Killian looked down at the papers and guessed that these are probably some homework assignments for Nagatoro to do. He places them inside of his bag and continued on with his day.

After school was over, he walked on the sidewalk as he was tying his hair in his usual style. 

Raven: Yo, Killian!

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to see Raven alongside Naoto walking up to him. She started to greet him while Naoto watched the siblings interact with each other.

Raven: Good to see you again. Where have you been?

Killian: I've been out of the country for a little bit.

Raven: For what?

Killian: For a tournament in China. It's called the Raitai Tournament, held every 100 years. It was the US and the Japanese up against China's greatest fighters.

Naoto: So you left school just to participate in some tournament? Did you have to?

Killian: I have my reasons. But it did help me learn something that I had forgotten. And I plan to make progress with it.