Ch-21: Face-Off

The matchups were up on the bracket, but there was only one match on there. Kaioh Ryu vs Yujiro Hanma. Most of the Chinese audience didn't know who Yujiro was, but they were pretty sure that Ryu was gonna put him down. For the reason of having just one match was because they'll be announcing one pairing at a time. The announcer told each fighter instead of Yujiro and Ryu to leave the arena.

Killian: 'I guess we have to wait for our turn.'

He turned his head towards Yujiro until Baki walked up beside him and was wondering why he was taking up a tournament like this.

Baki: Hey, dad...

Yujiro: Just hurry up and get out of here. You too, Killian.

Baki and Killian looked at each other as they both left the arena with the two fighters with each other.

Killian: I'm guessing he'll do just fine against that old man.

Baki: Believe me, this probably won't take long.

Before the match could begin, the announcer had to address an issue. Ryu is qualified to fight in this arena, but with Yujiro, they didn't really know if he was qualified. So they prepared a test for him as they put stacks upon stacks of tiles for Yujiro to smash through with his strength. A stack of 40 tiles standing before Yujiro for him to test his strength. This would be the only way to make him qualified to be in the match.

He steps up to the tiles with his hands inside of his pockets as he just smiled.

Yujiro: Tiles, huh. I gotta admit, breaking these is a first. But breaking slabs of dirt that are about as thin as rice crackers wouldn't measure squat. No matter how many I break.

He places his hand on top of the tiles and breaks all 40 of them with his strength until they turned into pieces. The crowd was amazed by these, and thus making Yujiro definitely qualified to be a part of this tournament.

Yujiro: That was the test? It's nothing but a stunt.

He looks towards Kaioh Ryu who was staring at him.

Yujiro: Kaioh Ryu... What do you think? Do you think it really proved anything? Boards, roof tiles, blocks, bricks, stones, bottles, ice, paper, fruits. They're just things. And people who think that they're tough wail on them to their hearts content. Fighting things that can't even fight back.

Ryu and the audience didn't seem to take kindly to what he said. Ry started to remove his shirt as he tied his belt.

Ryu: If martial arts exist, at least in part so that the weak can become stronger through something that they weren't able to before. Getting a sense of accomplishment without harming anyone else. So I disagree with what you are saying. I can't say that it's completely meaningless, since it can symbolize one's personal growth.

Yujiro: Really?

He starts to walk up to Ryu with his hands inside of his pockets and a aura that makes it feels like a wild beast is approaching.

Yujiro: I guess I'm gonna have to teach you that the past hundred years of martial arts and accomplishment is nothing but bullshit.

Ryu was ready to strike Yujiro were he stand as he hand was inches away from his face. But when it got close to his eye, Yujiro quickly took his hand out of his pocket and dug it inside of Ryu's face.

 But when it got close to his eye, Yujiro quickly took his hand out of his pocket and dug it inside of Ryu's face