Chapter 2

1 Week Later...

London

"Oh my goodness your baby is adorable what's his name?" An older black lady said to us in the Mall.

"Thankyou his name is Loyal." I said smiling.

"Handsome, handsome baby, you two have a blessed day God bless." She smiled before walking off.

I went into a Footlocker so I could get Loyal more shoes and some Nike gear since it's cold.

"Need any help today Gorgeous?" The shoe salesman asked walking up to me.

"Yes actually." I smiled.

"What can I do for you and lil man today?"

"Do you have these three pair in a size nine to twelve months?" I held up some dunks.

"Let me go check that for you." He grabbed the shoes from me and walked to the back to check.

"I thought that was you." I turned around seeing Devyn.

"You stalking me now?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Nah, but you not hard to miss plus Loyal gave it away. You walked off at the shop before I could even ask to take you out." He looked good.

His locs were in four braids to the back, and he had a fresh shape up which I'm sure he always kept. He had a couple chains on and some rings with an Amiri shirt and jeans with some fresh jays.

"What do you really want from me?"

"To get to know you if you let me. Unless you still got your Babydaddy around."

"Yeah no he's definitely not around, he left around the time I was supposed to give birth, an I haven't seen him ever since so I moved up here to OakPark to have a fresh start for me and Loyal.. that was a year ago."

"Let me step in and take care of y'all then." He put his hands together looking down at me biting his lip.

"We don't know or need you."

"I know but I'm a real nigga let me show you."

This nigga was giving me anxiety, but in a good way.

"Here you go ma'am." The shoe salesman said bringing me back three boxes.

"Take it to the front and put it on my tab, we gone let you know when she see something else she like." Devyn said pulling me to his side.

"Will do." The shoe salesman said before walking off looking defeated.

He probably thought Devyn was my Babydaddy.

"Are you sure?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah go head do yo thang baby. I got Loyal." He sat down pulling the stroller in front of him so that they were facing each other.

"Wassup lil man I'm Devyn." He smiled making Loyal smile.

I watched them for a second before finally feeling comfortable enough to walk off and grab Loyal some clothes.

A Couple Days Later..

London

I looked at my phone seeing a message from Devyn.

Devyn: Y'all ready? I'm pulling up.