2.4

Befana

I rested my head on Adrien's lap as I worked to finish my crocheted bag for Marinette. It was her birthday today and we were all celebrating by giving her a little surprise party. I've been trying to figure out a good gift to give her.

I was originally going to give her a charm bracelet, but Adrien took that idea saying that Marinette gave him a lucky charm during that gaming competition a while back, which was before we started officially dating so it was only fair.

Hah, lucky charm.

But anyways, since he stole my idea, I was left to scavenge for a new thing. Thankfully I have the talent of crochet and began making a little bag that marinate could put her fashion journal in. I thought it'd be cute to make a customized bag with her favorite colors and put charms of her favorite stuff.

I'm almost done with it. Right now I'm just attaching the strap to the bag and making sure it was on right. However, it was pretty hard to concentrate with Adrien who keeps moving because of his stupid game.

I groaned, "Kitty, You're not a very good pillow." He paused the game and looked down at me with a smile, "Sorry, Princess, but I'm about to beat my high score. I gotta concentrate." I scoffed, "You know after your father approved our relationship, you've been acting... how do I put it."

"Casual?" He asked.

"...cocky. It's giving too much Chat Noir. Plaag seems to rubbing off on you a lot." I stated staring up at him as Plaag scoffed. "Well you're no different, you're just as annoying as spark plug over here." It was no Flaame's turn to scoff, "Oh please, if anyone was annoying it'd be you and your disgusting cheese." Plaag glared at Flaame, "Don't talk about my cheese like that." Flaame shrugged "Or what?"

Suddenly those two scrambled around the room going head to head, ready to basically tear a limb off of each other.

We laughed and Adrien then turned me, "Hey, you're the one that fell in love with that side of me, but I'm sorry, I'm just super happy. It's not everyday that he approves of something, you know?"

I hummed "Yea that's true." As I thought back to last week, when Adrien and I told Gabriel.

"Adrien, you know I don't approve of you being in any relationships. However, in this circumstance of being someone I personally know, I approve. But, that doesn't mean I'm not going to keep a watchful eye. If I catch you slacking off, or you misplace my trust, we may have to question this again."

Adrien smiled as I continued, "But that doesn't mean you can keep bonking me with your elbow, I'm trying to focus here." He sighed and set down his controller to pick up and examine my pretty much finished work. "It looks good, you can stop worrying. She'll love it. She's your friend after all."

Barely... not with what I'll have to tell her...

I sighed, "Well yea, but it still has to be perfect, it's a representation of our friendship. I can't mess it up."

Adrien look down at me and moved his leg, causing my head to bounce, "Hey!" I said and he laughed and pushed a strand of my hair away, "It looks perfect, just like you." I lightly scrunched my nose, "Fine, I'll stop pestering with it. Besides we have to go help Alya and Nino set up soon."

And as if on cue, my phone buzzed. I went to grab my phone on the coffee table and turned to see Alya calling. I pressed answer and Alya's face shown on the screen.

"Hey girl, ready to come over? We're just about to - wait where are you." She started examining the screen and that's when I was suddenly conscious of the fact that I'm still on Adrien's lap. Instantly I tried to get up, but it ended up being the opposite and I found myself falling to the floor with a thud.