27. The Day She Provoked Him

BAEK-HYUN'S POV

Everyone was just so busy with everything that happened with Heavenly that the relationship Aliyah and I have completely slipped my mind, and I think hers too. She's been supportive and helpful as if we were back to normal, just like way before anything happened. As much as that felt nice, I don't want us to go back to the way it was. I wanna do something about it and clear the misunderstanding. I think I'm going to do just that today. I just have to figure out a way how.

Jordan ordered a round of beers for everyone. Some of our friends from faculty joined, including Elianna, Thalia, Mark and others. His girlfriend Yvonne came too. All in all, about ten of us are sat in the bowling arena drinking beer and throwing balls; it is too much people to start a private conversation.

"Heavenly, you seriously don't know how to throw the ball?", Jordan laughs soundly as she tries throwing for the first time.

"No. This is the third time you ask," she grunts when the ball rolls down the side path.

"Because I can't believe how clumsy you are. You've never been good at sports. Remember that P.E. class in elementary when we played dodgeball and you ran to catch the ball but tripped over your own foot and fell? ", he laughs, "That was the best!"

I smile seeing Heavenly's annoyed face and deadly stare directed towards him, "I know it's your birthday, so I am really holding back on saying how obnoxious you are. "

"Good job keeping it to yourself, " he gives her thumbs up and picks up one ball. It weighs slightly more than the one Heaven picked up a minute ago, "Let the master show you how it's done. "

He throws the ball and it rolls right down the middle, hitting all the cones at once. "Woosh! Yeah, baby! See? That's real talent."

Heavenly's mouth drops but she quickly gets back the cool face before he looks at her, "That's just you being God's favorite today. "

"Wow! Perfect strike! Good job, man!", Connor gives him a fist bump.

"They are amusing to watch, " Aliyah appears next to me as I stand leaning against a pillar.

I glance at her, "Way too much. "

"Is Jordan just gonna go around showing off the whole day?", she quietly laughs, covering her mouth.

"He is finally back to his usual self after the exams and the incident with Heavenly. I'd let him get away with it for today."

"Maybe you're right. "

I give her a long, subtle gaze. Her dark hair is in waves, rolling down her shoulders and she is wearing this cute purple jumper. She just looks so pretty it's making me nervous. I really wish to start a conversation about our issues.

"Ally, " I call out to her, ready to come out with all my thoughts and feelings.

She looks up at me, anticipating. I straighten my back and face her fully.

"He is finally here!", Joe's sudden yelling cuts me off.

"Hey, guys!"

We all look at Kameron Parker joining the show, dressed up classy as if he just came back from work. The white shirt and dark grey tie suite him really well. Wow. Grown up things.