chapter 5

Elenor woke up to the birds chirping and the sun shining in her eyes. she realised that she was on someone's back, Chubs.

"where are we?" she asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"oh you're finally awake." Chubs said.

"we're looking for supplies." Liam explained. Elenor realised that he was still carrying Jack on his back. she felt a pang of sadness seeing his body, Jack was like an older brother to her and losing him was the worst thing that ever happened. She felt a tear drop from her eyes and she quickly wiped her eyes and got off Chub's back.

"how long have you been carrying me? I must be so heavy." Elenor said as she got off his back.

"well we were walking for a few hours and yea you were heavy." Chubs jokingly said and Elenor laughed and playfully shoved his shoulder.

"what are we gonna do with Jack?" Elenor asked with a sorrowful tone and everyone looked down in sadness.

"we'll give him a funeral when we get the supplies" Liam explained. Zu moved from his side to her's and grabbed Elenor's hand and walked beside her. The 4 of them walked together until they saw an abandoned gas station with a big blue van abandoned at the gas station.

"perfect, supplies and a getaway van." Liam made the observation.

"we can make a funeral for Jack there too" Chubs stated. For the rest of the walk, they silently walked together towards the gas station. Once they got to the gas station, Liam placed Jack gently on the ground.

"okay, Chubs, see if you can get the van to work, zu, go with Chubs, me and Elenor will get the supplies and make a funeral for Jack." They got to work and Elenor and Liam went into the store of the gas station. They saw a few backpacks stored at the corner and they took the bags and stashed medicine, food, snacks and other supplies needed for their road trip. Elenor was quiet throughout this time and Liam could tell she was sad and thinking about Jack.

"you know you can talk to me right?" Liam suddenly said while they were stashing food into the backpacks. Elenor was shocked at what he said. She sighed sadly and looked down.

"I care about you Elenor, it hurts to see you so sad. I know how close you and Jack were." Liam placed her hand on her cheeks and made her look at him and he saw tears flowing down on her face. He put down the backpacks and gave her a comforting hug. Elenor just kept crying and hugged back tightly. She felt grateful to have Liam by her side, caring for her. she finally calmed down and pulled away from the hug.

"I should be asking how you feel. Jack was your best friend after all." Elenor said as she wiped her tears.

"It sucks, we were supposed to break out together, live the rest of our lives together. He sacrificed his life saving others. He didn't deserved to die" Liam said sorrowfully. Elenor agreed with him. Jack was such a caring and kind hearted person. He did not deserve to die at such a young age.

"At least he's at peace now." Elenor said softly and Liam nodded. They stood there in comfortable silence for the next few minutes.

"come on, let's get the rest of the stuff" Liam told Elenor and she nodded. They took the rest of the supplies they needed and brought it to the van where Chubs had got it running.

"am I a genius or what?" Chubs announced.

"Hey I'm a genius too, the reason I didn't help is because I needed to help Liam with the supplies." Elenor stated.

"Keep telling yourself that buddy." Chubs said and Elenor playfully glared at him.

"speaking of supplies, you guys took a long time there, having fun alone?" Chubs teased and zu chuckled and Elenor and Liam blushed and turned their heads away. Liam cleared his throat.